Opel GT Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
I just canceled my previous Carlisle room - got my money back, plus 15% additional from hotels.com.

I just re-booked my room for August - at the Super 8 across the street from the Middlesex Diner (for me, the location can't be any better). I paid a total of 138 US$ - for three nights, Thursday to Sunday!

Dieter

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,402 Posts
I got my refund from the Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn. I'm not going to commit to going to Carlisle by reserving a hotel room. I still think things will be dicey around here due to the virus. I live close enough that I could just day trip there on Saturday and drive home afterwards.

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I got my refund from the Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn. I'm not going to commit to going to Carlisle by reserving a hotel room. I still think things will be dicey around here due to the virus. I live close enough that I could just day trip there on Saturday and drive home afterwards.

I Kinda agree with you Gordon, The last 5 weeks here in New York State,, I don't know about Dicey, but deadly here,, I got my refund from Holiday Inn Express, Not sure what my plans are yet for Carlisle.. Right Now Harrisburg, PA is a Hot Spot, There Protesting there right not to stay home,, so who knows what going to happen, Looks like all Summer Events here in NYS are going to cancelled this year,,waiting on massive testing, to be safe.. I sure hope things improve by August.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would not say Harrisburg is a hot spot. Most cases are in nursing homes and prisons. Just take precautions. I was a Spring Carlisle and it was ok. Not as many people as usual but the restrictions were not too intrusive. Hope the Import Show is good.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,442 Posts
I agree.. just take precautions.. most of everything we will be doing will be open air.. I plan on being there if they dont cancel.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I received my Carlisle envelope a few days ago and finally made my Comfort Inn/Choice hotel reservations online at a member rate of $79/nite for Friday & Saturday. I not 100% sure we're going but am definitely leaning towards attending.
I'm wondering how the Middlesex Diner is handling things during Covid19? On Long Island Diners have half the tables closed off and have tents outside for those that want to eat out. In NYC many restaurants have set up tables on the sidewalks and in the streets where the City has closed off the inside lane of traffic. .

·
7,442 Posts
I'm still going if they have it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Charles.On another topic, I haven't heard anything on the 2.6 motor. Is there any hope that it will be done soon?

·
7,442 Posts
Charles.On another topic, I haven't heard anything on the 2.6 motor. Is there any hope that it will be done soon?
Shop has been deathly slow.. but working on them to start wrapping up my projects.

Yours is the next motor to come out of the shop.

Once I get a 2.0L they have been dragging on for months. I have tried to find a new shop, but no one in the area wants to do the work and its not unique for my area from what I am hearing.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts