Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,467 Posts
I had a great time at Carlisle. The fuel injection was super smooth and worry free, with all the power I needed, on the highway. On a few occasions I had to "emergency pass" other drivers, mainly because people were cutting me off because they were driving next to me taking pictures of the car. In like no time I would notice that I passed those cars at 100mph. The power delivery was so smooth I didn't realize I was going that fast. I'm still not crazy about how the computer just flat out won't let me spin tires and drive like a ninny at low speeds, but on the highway it was the best engine set up I've ever had in a GT. I did have a pressure regulator issue, but we rigged it to work and get me home.
Carlisle has girls dress up in outfits of the various foreign countries for this Foreign Car Nationals event and we had a very fine specimen representing German cars hanging out near us. She was gorgeous and slightly slutty. She did this trademark thing where she would turn her back to the camera, squat down and crotch flash your car while looking over her shoulder at the camera. I swear I didn't ask her to do that naughty pose, that's just what she did for all the cars she posed with. That's what those girls are there for, for you to take pics of them with your car. Being a dirty old man, that's all I took pictures of. I did, however, get the opportunity to take pics of my car with roadside statues, something I'm quite fond of doing. A giant elephant looks like he's going to take a dump on my car.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,450 Posts
Yup. Nice and slutty. I like it.

Dieter

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
791 Posts
Hey Gordo,
I notice she is not wearing a mask, that may not be safe car show protocol, however based on your posture not sure that is an issue. Plus the helmet will most likely keep you safe......that is a Trojan product I assume. American's Most Trusted Helmet.
Congratulations on a successful show. Glad to see you did in fact make it this year and If the picture I saw was accurate then congratulations are in order for another win, your customized GT is really a cool well done car. Looking forward to your success with the gull wing as well and looking forward to the Chronicles of that project. Best Wishes, Carl

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,467 Posts
The trophy is just a joke. I gave Charlie that trophy last year and made it from cobbled together mismatched trophy parts I had. It was the "Charles Going Customer Appreciation Award". Gee, what are the odds that Charlie would win the trophy named after him. We were thinking of making it a gag trophy that we would give to someone every year. The deal would be that if you win it you have to add some more kooky stuff to it. I made his trophy ridiculous tall, so that he couldn't fit it in his car. He then took it apart and put mismatched colors and parts to remake it and gave it back to me. Both with hand written magic marker plaques on them held on with scotch tape. We didn't have trophies this year and only 7 Opels showed up. It was a very nice day, unlike usually. Alas, I spent the first 2 hours fixing a weird fuel pressure regulator problem and had to drive home with a hose from my fuel pump coming out of my hood, through the passenger window and back to the tank. Fuel was squirting out the vent line. I have to contact Edelbrock on Monday to see if this is normal. I was supposed to hook it up to the tank, but I thought "It's just a vent hose", so I just coiled it up in the front of the car. The instructions didn't say nothing about the possibility that liquid fuel could squirt out of it. It pumped out 3 gallons of gas after a fill up over the final 15 miles to the show! The problem seems to have started sometime last week, as evidenced by a mysterious puddle in my driveway that I didn't bother investigating. Here's Charlie with his hall of 3 trophies last year:

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,450 Posts
Reactions: Gary and Ooooner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts