Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody besides me coming up from Atlanta-ish to meet the NC-Group in Charlotte-ish (Huntersville)?
This would be on Thursday early morning (05/13) to be in Huntersville around 10 or 11 am?

Feel free to use this thread for other convoys too.

Dieter

·
Opeler
925 Posts
I'm planning on traveling on the Thursday also but won't be going via I-85 and have to leave a little later. I may catch-up to you somewhere on I-81 and if not, I'll meet up at the hotel.

·
Opeler
638 Posts
Headed out of Dayton on Thursday with two cars thus far. Probably stop and spend the night short of Carlisle that night.

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
Is anybody besides me coming up from Atlanta-ish to meet the NC-Group in Charlotte-ish (Huntersville)?
This would be on Thursday early morning (05/13) to be in Huntersville around 10 or 11 am?
Dieter, We will be leaving out from Huntersville earlier than normal because my GT needs to be in the building at Carlisle on Thursday. They want the cars that will be displayed inside the building by Thursday afternoon and set up. We will probably be leaving here around 6:30 to 7 Thursday morning. If you can meet us then, great! If not, we will see you at Carlisle. I am meeting up with a guy coming from Alabama at the Love's Gas Staton on I-81 just north of the I-77 interchange. Maybe Harold will be meeting us there, too.

Roy

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dieter, We will be leaving out from Huntersville earlier than normal because my GT needs to be in the building at Carlisle on Thursday. They want the cars that will be displayed inside the building by Thursday afternoon and set up. We will probably be leaving here around 6:30 to 7 Thursday morning. If you can meet us then, great! If not, we will see you at Carlisle. I am meeting up with a guy coming from Alabama at the Love's Gas Staton on I-81 just north of the I-77 interchange. Maybe Harold will be meeting us there, too.

Roy
I was previously considering to leave on Wednesday and book the couch at "Hotel Ooooner" for the night if that's alright? My car needs to go in the building as well, although I have not received anything from the Carlisle guys besides a short email that I'm in.

Hey Roy! To gauge how far behind I'll be, what's the approximate time you'll be getting on I-81?
Roy's number, plus add 2:15 ... 2:30 --> 8:45 to 9:30 am.

Dieter

Reactions: jmbinjax

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,203 Posts
I'll be leaving from the Philly/SNJ area in the early afternoon on Thursday because I also have to hand my car over to them for the indoor display. A friend will be following in my Solstice.

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
Dieter: I was previously considering to leave on Wednesday and book the couch at "Hotel Ooooner" for the night if that's alright? My car needs to go in the building as well, although I have not received anything from the Carlisle guys besides a short email that I'm in.

jmbinjax: Hey Roy! To gauge how far behind I'll be, what's the approximate time you'll be getting on I-81?

Dieter and jmbinjax, I was thinking of leaving around 6:30 to 7 AM from Huntersville, NC (Just north of Charlotte). on Thursday morning. I’m thinking it usually takes around 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get to the I-81 / I-77 interchange going north. It’s about 10 minutes from there to the Love’s gas station. We usually stop there to refuel and take a squirt. I’ll check to be sure on that time to be sure. If you want to, you can come to Hotel Ooooner with Dieter on Wednesday night and get up and just go with us on Thursday morning. Ed and Terry will be here, too on Wednesday so the more the merrier! Dieter, you’re more than welcome to come and stay! I haven’t received anything from Carlisle either.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dieter, you’re more than welcome to come and stay! I haven’t received anything from Carlisle either.
Awesome, what should I bring for Wednesday night? Beer, Jack, BBQ, girls ...?

Dieter

·
Super Moderator
3,185 Posts
All the above! 😁
Dieter.... no need to bring anything. I’ll be smoking BBQ all day before you get here along with Ed and Terry! May have a few others here, too! Come hungry!

·
Opel Addicts
2,472 Posts
We are leaving Thursday morning as well. The Manta needs to be in the building, besides I’m finally retired so I CAN leave a day earlier! We will be going the longer (no tolls) route out I-80 East. Let us know if you want to join us

Vickie and Allen

Reactions: Ooooner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts