Opel GT Forum banner

Are you planning to attend?

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Opel GT
42 Posts
I recently visited the Surplus City store at 1880 Carlisle Pike, which is about 1.5 mile east of your hotel. It would be just past the Middlesex Diner in case you eat there. They have a lot of steel supplies, including sheet and sq/rect tubing, exhaust pipe and mufflers, and fasteners sold by the pound. You may as well check it out while you are in the area. They also sell body shop supplies, but I didn't really look at them.

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I recently visited the Surplus City store at 1880 Carlisle Pike, which is about 1.5 mile east of your hotel. It would be just past the Middlesex Diner in case you eat there. They have a lot of steel supplies, including sheet and sq/rect tubing, exhaust pipe and mufflers, and fasteners sold by the pound. You may as well check it out while you are in the area. They also sell body shop supplies, but I didn't really look at them.
I stock up there every year! A good supply of metric fasteners and metals.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,131 Posts
I got a room for Th/Fri/Sat because it's likely that I will have to park my car indoors as early as 8am on Friday.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,131 Posts
Funny thing: After you have filled everything out, there's the photo section. Of the 1000's of pics I've taken of my car, almost none of them met the criteria of no signs, people, other cars, shadows, a shot from each corner, no "twinkles" or glare(which is something I purposely try to have on purpose), etc. I had to go out last week, with the last batch of snow barely melted, to search for someplace scenic with grass that sort of looks alive. I've been chased off of the local athletic field for trying to take pics of my car before, but I went there early in the morning and had to keep moving the car to meet the "no shadows" requirement. Here's the pics of that shoot. Two pics are from previous shoots:

This was my write up:

Gordon Payton
<<< address and contact info >>>

1970 Opel GT
Gator skin/red
Everything modified

Update Owner Information

Update Vehicle Information

DISPLAY SIGN:

VEHICLE HISTORY:

Owner:

Gordon Payton

Collingswood, New Jersey

Vehicle:

1970 Opel GT

Line 1:

2016 Opel Nationals winner

Line 2:

Ferrari Dino influences

Line 3:

Opel 2.4L with Motronic FI

Line 4:

Heavily chromed engine comp.

Line 5:

Custom electronic dash

Line 6:

Alligator skin interior

Line 7:

Exotic interior lighting

Line 8:

Wild engine and ext. lighting

Initially modded to resemble a Ferrari Dino. Then decided to modify every single thing on the car in some way. The goal was to make a car that could win entire car shows, yet still be a daily or even cross-country driver. 2016 winner of the Opel Nationals.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got an email from Carlisle stating that they are looking for an Opel Manta for display in the indoor building.
I wish I didn't live all the way in CA! Anyone want to drive my Manta out there? :p

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Carlisle Events mentioned that they "may" make a short movie clip of Opels that were at the Carlile shown the past and use it for promoting the event!

If you have any pics of your Opel (or others), post them here.

They are particularly looking for Mantas and "unique" Opels.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,131 Posts
ooops, I overlooked that part. Although I have taken a lot of pics at Carlisle, none of other cars are in my computer, they are all buried in the various "Opels at Carlisle 20?? pictures" threads.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,131 Posts
Rick Gradwell has 25 pics on Facebook from 2019 here:

Pictures of Carlisle 2018 start at this post:

·
Registered
1971 Opel GT
42 Posts
Is there still an organization called Opel Association of North America? Somewhere I got the impression they were involved with the Import Show and sent an application to them. But apparently it was an old application and address. Thanks.

·
Vendor
2,899 Posts
Is there still an organization called Opel Association of North America? Somewhere I got the impression they were involved with the Import Show and sent an application to them. But apparently it was an old application and address. Thanks.
I think Charles Goin (GoinManta on this site) can fill you in on OANA. I don't think they are currently active, but he ran that organization for quite a while.

·
Registered
47 Posts
All, I have a dumb question. I’m planning to drive up to Carlisle from Maryland one or both days. I’ve been to the show a number of times, but have never displayed a car. This year will be the first. So I’m not clear on what I need to do other than to pay the entry fee at the gate (or possibly in advance to get a discount). Is there any separate sign up/registration/fee for the Opel tent? I am in the OMC, for what it’s worth. I’ve only been an owner for a couple of years, and it seems like the club(s) have shifted around from time to time, so please forgive my ignorance. Thx, Bob

·
Registered
1971 Opel GT
42 Posts
All, I have a dumb question. I’m planning to drive up to Carlisle from Maryland one or both days. I’ve been to the show a number of times, but have never displayed a car. This year will be the first. So I’m not clear on what I need to do other than to pay the entry fee at the gate (or possibly in advance to get a discount). Is there any separate sign up/registration/fee for the Opel tent? I am in the OMC, for what it’s worth. I’ve only been an owner for a couple of years, and it seems like the club(s) have shifted around from time to time, so please forgive my ignorance. Thx, Bob

Go to Import & Performance (carlisleevents.com) Buy a ticket for the show field. You don't need to stop at the office on the way in. It gets you and a guest in for the whole show.

·
Administrator
10,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
81 - 100 of 128 Posts