Opel GT Forum banner

Are you planning to attend?

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I'm just going to throw this out there. Anyone else bring a car that isn't quite finished and still in a work of progress? I acquired Nhopel1s white mistress last August and had to park the car over the winter to complete some house projects. For the last 2 months I have been slowly fixing/upgrading, but i have not gotten around to body work yet besides opening all the blisters and watching the car piss bondo. lol. I do plan on driving it out to PA from IL as long as no major hiccups putting the driveline and electrical back together. Everyone is posting complete beautiful cars and i am worried i will be the sore thumb of the bunch.

·
Opeler
266 Posts
I'm just going to throw this out there. Anyone else bring a car that isn't quite finished and still in a work of progress? I acquired Nhopel1s white mistress last August and had to park the car over the winter to complete some house projects. For the last 2 months I have been slowing fixing/upgrading, but i haven't gotten around to body work yet besides opening all the blisters and watching the car piss bondo. lol. I do plan on driving it out to PA from IL as long as no major hiccups putting the driveline and electrical back together. Everyone is posting complete beautiful cars and i am worried i will be the sore thumb of the bunch.

Bring it on out. I’m looking forward to being at my first Carlisle to meet everyone and hear their Opel stories.

·
Opeler
1,258 Posts
I'm just going to throw this out there. Anyone else bring a car that isn't quite finished and still in a work of progress? I acquired Nhopel1s white mistress last August and had to park the car over the winter to complete some house projects. For the last 2 months I have been slowly fixing/upgrading, but i have not gotten around to body work yet besides opening all the blisters and watching the car piss bondo. lol. I do plan on driving it out to PA from IL as long as no major hiccups putting the driveline and electrical back together. Everyone is posting complete beautiful cars and i am worried i will be the sore thumb of the bunch.

Bring it out. All Opels and Opel owners are welcome. Doesnt matter what car looks like.

Karl

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,186 Posts

Think of the really nice cars that show up as the carrot on the stick or the goal to shoot for as you get you car's act together. Learn from the nice cars how to do things well and to see all the different possibilities of things you can do to your car. Every car at Carlisle is unique and has it's own special qualities and little modifications. I especially enjoy looking at the plethora of different ways guys have fixed up their cars. Many guys show up with virtually dead stock cars in various states of repair or disrepair. YOU are, in fact, more of a person to be admired than an ultra modifier like me because you got there in a car that barely functions. None of my cars were pristine when I got them and some were totally stripped shells that needed body work and every single part had to be searched for and installed. Talking with and learning from the other guys and seeing how they did things is the single most important thing you can do to move your project forward. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts

Ill be trailering my Kadett in. Just redid the suspension, brakes are in the middle of design for 4 way disks, and the engine is sitting at the machine shop.

Interior is gutted, but will be cleaning it up at least.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let me also introduce myself, since no one really knows me yet except a few of you.

In 2016 I bought my first Opel from Gaye Liddick, and it sat in the garage until Covid hit. It was a long year with ups and downs, but it is also my first restoration project so Im learning a lot which is drawing the process out. I redid the entire suspension, am designing a 4 way disk brake conversion for a miata brake system, and the engine is at the machine shop getting bored for the blackiron racing treatment with the tritec pistons from the 1.6 mini.

I've shown my face at Carlisle a lot, but havent ever really been "part of the group" just because I never had my car there, and I had a lot of other friends as well there showing in other classes and clubs (I only live 15 minutes from the showfield). This year I hope to spend a lot more time with you all and sharing with everyone a lot of the modifications im in the middle of designing - I'll have 3D printed parts to show how im prototyping certain things, and hope some of you might find it interesting!

Chris

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,370 Posts
Let me also introduce myself, since no one really knows me yet except a few of you.
Chris
Chris,

A lot of people will be happy to meet you and talk to you in Carlisle (including me), whether you bring an Opel or not. There's always pictures to show as well!

Dieter (Kadett Lover)

·
1,092 Posts
Well I was late to getting the word on everything so I’m back to the Chateau Debris like old times but will be happy to see everyone again. Everybody have a safe trip!
Jim

Did i miss the parts thread? I have lots of stuff if anyone needs. Carbs, sprint, brake stuff, a new unused aluminum flywheel drilled for S-10 from a buy we did about 10 years ago.

·
1,092 Posts
Thanks!!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts