Opel GT Forum banner

Are you planning to attend?

141 - 160 of 220 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,401 Posts
I bet that the Thursday and Friday showers will delay themselves right until Saturday.

Dieter

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
We will be having an Opel parade around the fairgrounds Saturday at 11:00!
Awards and parts auction Saturday ~3:00.
The parts auction is a fun one that helps with next year's expenses. Donations are welcome.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,401 Posts
I'll have a few nice items for the auction :love: :D

Dieter

Reactions: Gary

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I'll be bringing a few items for the auction, too! 👽

Reactions: Gary

·
Opeler
655 Posts
We will be having an Opel parade around the fairgrounds Saturday at 11:00!
Awards and parts auction Saturday ~3:00.
The parts auction is a fun one that helps with next year's expenses. Donations are welcome.
Hey Gary, if we have an Opel flag with us my wife could carry it sitting on the back of the roadster!

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
648 Posts
I have a camping sticker for on site that I won't be using. Free to the first responder. Pick up at Carlisle.
PM if interested.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,265 Posts
I'll be bringing my long(vertically) yellow Opel banner and an Opel blanket, either could be hung in various ways, plus rope, wire ties, little c-clamps, and duct tape to aid us in hanging things. I'll also be bringing my trickle charger and a jump start box, plus some tools.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Well by golly it looks like I am coming. I've wanted to come for years and figured I be driving the Tinyvette, instead I'll be delivering someone else's car.

I just finished work on BluFire and will be delivering it to Linda in Baltimore by Thursday. Friday we'll be at the show, although she won't stay all day. She needs to break away and visit her folks, and show them the car that was 15 years in the making. She'll be back with the car on Saturday at the start of the show.

I'll be bringing a box of goodies from OGTS. Gil can't attend this year due to workload but he wants the me to say hi to everyone for him.

Originally I was going to drive BluFire the whole distance. Then the plan was to put it on a trailer and get towed to near the NV/UT state line where the car is put on the road again and Kurt and the trailer head north into Idaho for a hang gliding competition. As of now, the plan is to tow to the show, drop me and the car off, then Kurt and friends head north to fly in NY and pick up their son at RPI, then head for Idaho for the competition.

BluFire is on the trailer. Kurt and his fantastic camper will be here at the Opel Ranch at around 11 and we'll be on the road by noon. We'll need to make a quick stop to get the trailer's spare fixed, but after that we'll put in some long days driving, then pulling off to camp, the resuming driving at daybreak the next morning. I'm looking forward to the road trip.

I won't have my own car so I might need a little help getting to the airport in Harrisburg on Sunday. The flight leaves at 3PM. Uber is also an option. Also, does anyone want to share a room? I figure many of you are attending alone, and most rooms have two beds. I'm tidy, but I snore. ;)

Jennifer Best will be bringing copies of The Blitz and a few other OMC items.

·
Opeler
1,287 Posts
I just cancelled my Saturday night into Sunday reservation at the Comfort Inn. If somebody needs it give them a call.

Karl

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,401 Posts
I'm ready to roll...

Dieter

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,265 Posts
Pre-flight checks before Carlisle: Underside inspection
I jacked up the GTX with my lift to make sure no exhaust hanger donuts were broken or failing, bolt tightness in spec, look for leaks or rust, and it was high time that I got around to removing my trailer hitch, since I got rid of the trailer. An oem wheel center cap was the only thing laying around to plug the hitch hole. Everything was 100%, good to go!
🙂

·
Opel Key Master
5,268 Posts
Yeah John, I was a little concerned about the Fuel crap, I think due to it, I am going to leave out Wednesday night, and drive up through most of the way. At least that way I can eliminate maybe lines getting fuel. I didn't have any problem this morning, but people get crazy regardless, so I would prepare. People overbuying cause they are worried could cause some headache for at least us trailering and have to stop 4-5 times for fuel

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,265 Posts
Opel Nationals at Carlisle, PA weather update:

Woo-hoo! The forecast has evolved from rain-for-sure on Friday to maybe-a-little late Saturday. Forecasts for rain 5 days before tend to shift one day later in this area. It wouldn't surprise me if we get no rain during the show at all! Woo-hoo!

·
Opeler
927 Posts
Yeah John, I was a little concerned about the Fuel crap, I think due to it, I am going to leave out Wednesday night, and drive up through most of the way. At least that way I can eliminate maybe lines getting fuel. I didn't have any problem this morning, but people get crazy regardless, so I would prepare. People overbuying cause they are worried could cause some headache for at least us trailering and have to stop 4-5 times for fuel
We're seeing toilet paper syndrome.

I'll have to rethink this trip if there's not a positive outlook by Wednesday nite/Thursday morning, I don't want to get stuck on I-81 looking for gas.

141 - 160 of 220 Posts