Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlisle from Ottawa Canada

I am in the final stages of making sure the GT can withstand the long trip to Carlisle. I will be looking for some parts such as the interior metal floor door trim, and perhaps an electronic ignition system.

Are there any GT owners from the Syracuse, New York State, on the route to Carlisle area that would like to hook up? I plan on leaving early Friday morning but could leave sooner (Thursday) if others will be on the road.

Reply here or call me at home (613) 841-7444

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Saratoga Springs

I'ts a 6 hour drive for me, so I plan on leaving Saratoga Springs, NY @4:00 pm on Thursday afternoon and getting into Carlisle Friday night 10ish. That puts me in the Binghamton, NY area @6:30 or so and coming down from there on I-81.
If something comes-up and I can't get out of here before 6, I'll be leaving Friday morning very bright and early, like 5ish, which would put me in Binghamton @7:30 and Carlisle @11am.

I'll be driving a mostly green Kadett wagon, and probably driving faster than anyone would expect a Kadett to be going. Anyone along the way is welcome to my cell # and a caravan if it times out right. I always carry a pretty complete set of tools and such, and even the stuff to tow the car if need be. I don't know if that works for you or not Graham, but if anyone else is worried about a "chase vehicle" and I can help all you need to do is ask.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Graham said:
Carlisle from Ottawa Canada...I will be looking for some parts such as the interior metal floor door trim, and perhaps an electronic ignition system.
BugStuff will be there selling the pertronix ignitor. (He sometimes give a discount when you say you're with the Opel club). Nu-chrome can straighten out and polish the door sill trim. They have a sample from a GT that is half done. they will be in the space next to me. (Row J, space J-35 and J-36)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts