Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,290 Posts
No lumbar support.
It can be added and it's barely noticeable until you're sitting in it.
Lies! The GT seats are super comfy. I’ve though about making an office chair out of one. Now my Tacoma’s seats destroy my back on road trips lol.
I don't know if I would go that far but I do agree if they are in good condition they are comfortable. I've purchased two GT's with different seats in them and had to replace both with OE seats so that we could get comfortable in them.

Harold

·
Opeler
712 Posts
Unfortunately I'm going to miss it this year as my wife and I will be in Amsterdam. We booked a vacation and cruise in late 2019 and then covid hit and cancelled it for the last two years. The makeup cruise is same week as Carlisle. Have fun and I hope to catch one of two of the other big events!

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,631 Posts
Apparently some have had problems with getting rooms and being told they are booked.

I just got this email from the hotel people:

Hi Charles,

I hope all is well with you.

I reviewed your block and have noticed that there are quite a few rooms available, so we went ahead and extended the block until 2 weeks from arrival – new date: 4/29 by midnight.

Here is the link again to encourage online booking:

https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/VX26C5

Thank you,

Aliya Constant | Director of Sales
Comfort Inn PA Turnpike I-81 717-706-3400 x123
Click Here

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,670 Posts
Unfortunately, the group rate is locked in only for arrival on Friday and checkout on Sunday. I had to do a second (separate) reservation for Thursday to Friday and paid something like 179 $ for that one night.

Dieter

·
7,631 Posts
Unfortunately, the group rate is locked in only for arrival on Friday and checkout on Sunday. I had to do a second (separate) reservation for Thursday to Friday and paid something like 179 $ for that one night.

Dieter
Contact the Hotel. They can change that I am pretty sure.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,670 Posts
Contact the Hotel. They can change that I am pretty sure.
Read my Post. I called them, and they had me to make two reservations because Thursday is not covered under the group rate.

Dieter

Reactions: soybean

·
Administrator
10,355 Posts
Read my Post. I called them, and they had me to make two reservations because Thursday is not covered under the group rate.

Dieter
DIEter - I'm probably going to stay at the Super 8 (near the Middlesex) on Thursday.
[edit] just booked there for $74.

·
7,631 Posts
Call and ask for Alyia she is the booking manager. Let me know how it goes. Didn't think of Thursday to be honest next year I will have a few for that day too.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,670 Posts
Damn, I just got an invitation to my possibly future step-son in law graduation party, and it overlaps with Carlisle. It's not an easy decision, but I have to take care of the family first. I'm sure you have enough fun up there without me as well ... :rolleyes: :cry:

If somebody still needs a paid entry ticket for the Carlisle show, let me know by PM and I send it to you.

Dieter

Reactions: terrylewisac

·
Premium Member
1970 Pearl White GT
157 Posts
Well you guys are dropping like flies!

Joy and I are still planning on making the 12hr drive from Illinois. I have gaskets coming in on Thursday so hopefully it solves my intake leak issue and i can finally get this LE injection to freaking work right. I also ordered a new ignition switch to solve the clicking issue i have after installing the new starter i got from Carlisle last year. Then its button up a few things and we should be good to go.

·
Administrator
10,355 Posts
Well you guys are dropping like flies!

Joy and I are still planning on making the 12hr drive from Illinois. I have gaskets coming in on Thursday so hopefully it solves my intake leak issue and i can finally get this LE injection to freaking work right. I also ordered a new ignition switch to solve the clicking issue i have after installing the new starter i got from Carlisle last year. Then its button up a few things and we should be good to go.
@opeljohn is traveling from IL. @saxybiker usually caravans in from OH

·
1,908 Posts
My Plan is to leave Springfield IL very early Thursday morning the 12th. Travel I72 to I74 in Champaign to Indy, Catch I70 east there and overnight somewhere in eastern Ohio or western PA. Hope to arrive in Carlisle early Friday morning. Probably head back home early Sunday morning. I think Vickie and Allen Gage are Hosting travelers from the west on Wednesday night in the Akron Ohio area and then doing the Caravan to Carlisle Thursday morning. If it works for you, I highly recommend staying there and riding in with the group. They have had as many as 18 cars in the caravan.

This time I will be bringing stuff to sell. Several Steering columns, 1 Sprint manifold, 1 intake manifold, Beauty rings, Several maintenance manuals, and various parts pieces., some new some used.

·
7,631 Posts
LAST DAY TO GET THE CLUB RATE is TOMMORROW.

Our Rate is lower than most rates in Carlilse this weekend at comparable ( and even lesser hotels ). Also the weekend of Carlisle tends to be when the rooms all over fill up.

Also if you call and check they can get you the Friday rate for Thursday as well if your comoing in early... I confirmed with the Hotel.

Our block ends tomorrow and we do still have a few rooms left.

You may have to call to get booked and/or ask for Aliya.

Aliya Constant | Director of Sales

Comfort Inn PA Turnpike I-81
717-706-3400 x123

·
1,908 Posts
Looking at weather forecast, seems it may be a bit wet. Trying to figure out if it is worth making the trip. Launching out it will be warm and dry for me. Rain Friday, Saturday and more rain for trip home.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts