Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Opeler
712 Posts
Bummed I'll miss everyone this year. I need some Opel love, both my GTs are down. Just blew the 5 speed Getrag out of my yellow GT and the roadster is getting an upgraded engine swap....about two months behind schedule! Have fun everyone and hope to catch an event later this year.

Reactions: snmbroyles

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,631 Posts
I will be there with Jays 5 speed, and my sons Manta will attempt the trip again.. THIS time we think we have it all sorted.. BUT we won't be finished till tommorrow. ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Gerri and I will be there late Friday afternoon but again w/o an Opel. All of my Opels are now in Arizona, except the 1900 that Mike Meier is working on in Calif.

·
Opeler
760 Posts
I was on my way but when I stopped at a rest area in OH I noticed the Manta had developed a loud screech from about 2500 RPM and up, louder as RPM went up. I was only about 1/3 of the way to Carlisle so I decided it would be best to head back home. By the time I got back it was too late to head out in a different vehicle.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Too bad Don WE miss you and the Manta... I guess you should have taken the GT . I hope to see you at possibly Rte 66. Quite a few of the regulars are absent this year too bad.

·
Opeler
760 Posts
Too bad Don WE miss you and the Manta... I guess you should have taken the GT . I hope to see you at possibly Rte 66. Quite a few of the regulars are absent this year too bad.
I hated to miss this year. I've been to every Carlisle Opel event since 2004 with the exception of 2020. I should be at Rt. 66 but maybe without an Opel.

·
Über Genius
9,725 Posts

·
Vendor
3,314 Posts
Sorry to see that. It looks like you thumped him good. PA has a huge white tail deer population. When I lived there, almost everyone I know had hit one (or come close) at one time or another. Best of luck getting the GT squared away. Glad it wasn't worse.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts