Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of driving my 74 Manta to Carlisle this year. This would be the first trip that would last over 1 hour each way for me in this car. Total drive time should be about 6-7 hours from Syracuse to there.

Please let me know the things that YOU would be triple checking BEFORE making this long trip. The radiator is going to be replaced first thing this spring, that one is already covered.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
backup

One thing you might want to consider checking first is the schedule. At a minimum, we should meet-up in Binghampton to caravan for the last part of the trip, but it wouldn't take much for one of us to drive over so we could caravan the whole way. That way there would be guarenteed help, if needed.

Heck, if you have a couple of buddies interested in driving, I could put them in Opels too and we could get a 3 or 4 Opel caravan going. Your Manta, my Kadett, GT and maybe Rekord.....

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can say that I can guarantee one person to go with me. That is about it unless a surprise happens.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Carlisle

Gentlemen,

There is a chance that my GT will be up and running by this April. I'm three hours north of Syracuse in Ottawa, Canada. What are the dates for Carlisle. If things work out for me would you mind if I drove down to meet you guys in Syracuse to caravan down to Carlisle?

I might even be able to convince another Opeler, "JPiper" from here in Ottawa to bring his GT.

Drop me a line

·
1,973 Posts
I am in corning NY (about 2 hours south of syracuse) that would be cool if I could join in on ther caravan when you guys get close to the pennsylvania border (im about 15 minutes from it)

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it starts on the 21st, I would rather use the whole day of the 20th for drive time and allow plenty time for rest and/or repairs. As for the return, I dunno yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts