Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What other cars use this 4 x 1.00mm bolt/lug pattern. I'm still searching for one Appliance Industries Mfg aluminum slotted mag wheel, 13"x5.5" Made in Japan. My search took me across the pond and knowing the cars that used this lug pattern would be helpful, thanks.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
16,674 Posts
This site, down at the bottom, lists a whole bunch of cars with 4x100mm. The earliest seem to start at 1970, whereas most start around 1990-2000. Interestingly, Opels are the earliest with 1968. Clearly the list isn't complete, but I was surprised by how many there were.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
565 Posts
vintage 4x100mm I have used BMW 320i (E21) '75-'83 wheels on my GT. Vintage Italian cars I believed used 4x98mm, so you may want to avoid them.
In a pinch you could use early model VW Rabbit wheels, but those may require wheel spacers.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
3,591 Posts
Been coming across a lot of 98, 1.06, 1.25, but no 1.00mm.
You'll pretty much be looking at 70s cars for a match to the Appliance wheel. It just wasn't a fashionable wheel for cars made after about 79. Mostly, it will be Opel, BMW, Honda, and some Toyota. Are the three wheels you have specifically 4x100? There are/were alot of unilug type wheels that fit multiple bolt patterns. They only had four oblong holes and used an offset washer. So a wheel might fit 4x98 up thru 4 1/4" (That would cover Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Triumph/Opel/Chevette and Pontiac T1000/Isuzu/BMW/Honda/Toyota/GM (Monza and its cousins from BOP, 4x4", close but not close enough to 4x100)/Ford (Fiesta/Pinto/Mustang ll/Capri).

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The Miata / 124 Spider have that bolt pattern. Honda Civic does as well.
As a word of caution, while those cars might have the correct PCD (stud spacing), as do early Honda Civics, Preludes and Accords, not all the wheels will fit an Opel GT. The front hub requires a wheel centre hole of at least 57.1 mm, and those OEM wheels may not have a big enough hole.

The wheels use Roto lugs which I have them. The wheels are 4 x 1.00mm
That should be "100 mm" , not 1.00 mm.

And of course front wheel drive car's wheels are typically going to have too large an ET (offset). Seldom will an ET greater than 25 mm fit on a GT. Wider wheels will required a smaller ET.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,350 Posts
As a word of caution, while those cars might have the correct PCD (stud spacing), as do early Honda Civics, Preludes and Accords, not all the wheels will fit an Opel GT.
Right. Just the bolt pattern is not enough info to know if a rim will work. For a GT, if the rim isn't known to work with a GT then you pretty much need to pursue aftermarket rims that allow you to specify offset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve ran mk1 and mk2 rabbit/golf wheel on a manta years back, off set is not to far off.

The were wider if I remember used 205/60-13 on them with no rubbing that I could see.

Damn I miss my 72 manta.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the roadkillcustoms link above, I can verify that the dummy spare tire from the 2005-2008 Chevy Cobalt fits my 1970 GT front and rear with no clearance issues. Bought my car and it had 4 dry rotted and and/or flat tires on it, and since I've got a lot of work to do to it and need to be able to roll it around, I didn't want to buy new tires for the 13" wheels that are on it because I don't know, but might be going 15" in the future. I went to the local pick n pull yard and found 4 dummy spares off the Cobalt and they fit fine. The hub center bore cleared just fine. Had to get some taper seat lug nuts from Napa, but the wheels work well enough to be able to roll the car around on.

Don't know if the regular wheels fit very well, but the dummy spares work for what I need them for.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had him take very detailed pictures and his wheel is an exact match to my three! So, once wheel in Phoenix makes it here I will be putting my other wheels up for sale. I have a complete set of brand new Turbo wheels that never had a tire on them and I have six complete OEM wheels, center caps, beauty rings.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully my wheel search is over. Finding an exact match to the other three that I have took almost two months and a lot of other people searching for me. Covered coast to coast and over the pond in the UK. Actually found two wheels, so I'm going to start the wheel/tire swapping this week and I'll get pictures after all have been swapped. Thank you to everyone who helped with information, tips, searching.........Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts