Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been some time since I last dropped a thread on here and I felt it was about that time again.

Since my last post I've had a son, bought my first house, lived a little and perhaps cried a little in between. But to say the least most of you elders know the routine.
A life of restless nights wondering when your gonna have a few minutes to tinker with the toy. etc etc etc...Well long story short my 69 GT I bought last year for 200$ came to a screeching halt when finally after weeks of finally settling into the warm cozy new homestead I made it home after a long and tough day at work only to come home and find my garage door kicked in and all and I mean ALL of my tools, tool chest etc, stolen which as many of us on here would spark a bit of a unessary inner rage. Then after dealing with the local fuzz whom I know had no interest in caring what, who, when it was done I kept my thoughts at bay. Unfortunatly after a few days had passed I realized that within my tool chest sat bolts, nuts, and other misc parts to "Opie" as my wife calls him. So to put it lightly i'm dealing with lack of tools to continue at the moment, lack of misc parts and one massive headache as to who decided to break in and steal stuff and attempt to get into my house as well. I guess the craziest part to me was that the wife and son were home and this happened in broad daylight! Baffled to say the least. So for now im sitting at home after work surfing the net for vids and ideas while my hands sit idle....Not a fun time i'd say.......
Anyways enough of the rants and raves back to work MUSH you know the idea.
I guess my Opel friends would understand the pain!
And PS..Welcome to all new comers

-Scott
TN Opeler :confused:

·
Vendor
2,842 Posts
Welcome back Scott.
Congratulations on your new son, and sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off.
Glad nobody was put in harm's way! Hopefully your insurance will help you replace the tools, etc. Once you get everything sorted out, let us know what Opel bits you are missing, and perhaps we can help get you squared away, and get the GT rolling again.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Welcome back Scott.
Congratulations on your new son, and sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off.
Glad nobody was put in harm's way! Hopefully your insurance will help you replace the tools, etc. Once you get everything sorted out, let us know what Opel bits you are missing, and perhaps we can help get you squared away, and get the GT rolling again.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy
Ditto

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That sucks! Glad everyone is ok though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents everyone is ok and that was top priority! was worried I was going to have to sign my kid up for ninjitsu lessons at 9 months old or something lol. But yea it definately leaves you a little shaken. AS for "opie" goes I drove up to cookeville this past weekend and bought him a parts buddy for 450$ and although said parts buddy doesnt have a good body there was a 4 speed tranny and questionable motor and lights and a roughed up interior but hey it is a project after all. Problem so far with the engine as I gave the replaced motorcraft carb with worn tags some fuel and low and behold it wanted to get up. I guess the problem that i found so far is low compression on 1 3 2 are running 60ish and 4 is running at 90. heres to hoping that ripping it down this weekend will have somewhat decent luck in not having a bad motor as its my only one...good side though the transmission is smooth...:confused:

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,956 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I detect by your tone that you've not let it get to you too badly and are moving forward despite the incident. Attaboy!

Hopefully an insurance claim will get you a nice new Craftsman or Snap-on tool chest with all the goodies. You could also try yard sales and flea markets to acquire a few things, too.

Looks like you took care of your lost bolts problem.

:veryhappy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea here's to hoping I work with some pretty good dudes so they've been generously handing over old sets and extras as they know just how annoying it is when something to that degree occurs. As the whole attitude perspective goes...well as they say "You win some, and you lose some" I'm a pretty laid back person and as I told the wife its all material things it can be replaced sure its a bit frustrating especially when the parts you had tucked away took off and you know the guy that did it had no use for those parts..Or did he:banghead:?? But now that I've got another one to "disassemble" it helps the healing process and makes me want to finish and drive this thing even more!:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P.S does anyone have that spare plate cover that goes over the wiper arm on the drivers side not the grated one?

·
Opel Key Master
5,176 Posts
Scott..I assume you bought a white 1969-70 Opel from the Tarot card reader place by Oreileys in Cookeville. You were a 1/4 mile from about 15 Opels at all different points of restoration. Look me up if you come out this way again. I saw that GT was gone.
keith

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott..I assume you bought a white 1969-70 Opel from the Tarot card reader place by Oreileys in Cookeville. You were a 1/4 mile from about 15 Opels at all different points of restoration. Look me up if you come out this way again. I saw that GT was gone.
keith

Yes sir I did and I was thinking to myself I know keith is out here somehwere it was really late by the time I got it around 6pm and I was fighting off a copper head hanging out on the rear axle for about 15 minutes. I'm gonna head up there soon been meaning to for some time. I did have your number at one point but I've replaced two phones since then...

·
1000 Post Club
4,112 Posts
P.S does anyone have that spare plate cover that goes over the wiper arm on the drivers side not the grated one?
I probably have one. This is the plate which also holds the wiper motor, correct? Do you need the wiper motor too?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I probably have one. This is the plate which also holds the wiper motor, correct? Do you need the wiper motor too?
Yes sir and I may I need to look later on today through the rummage of stuff I think I have one from my main car but I'll see.

·
1000 Post Club
4,112 Posts
Yes sir and I may I need to look later on today through the rummage of stuff I think I have one from my main car but I'll see.
Just the plate or the wiper motor too? Don't want to ship a heavy motor if you don't need it. If you do, I would advise taking the motor apart and cleaning the gearing so it operates normally instead of slowly. If I have time, I can clean one up(internal gears, that is).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just the plate or the wiper motor too? Don't want to ship a heavy motor if you don't need it. If you do, I would advise taking the motor apart and cleaning the gearing so it operates normally instead of slowly. If I have time, I can clean one up(internal gears, that is).
Just the plate at the moment I know for sure I dont have one but the motor I think I do have Im gonna have to look later on after work

·
1000 Post Club
4,112 Posts
OK, PM me your address and I'll let you know if I find one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts