Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be digging into my dash to install a nice CD player soon, and need to know what source or wire I should tap into for the ignition, or "part time" hot wire. I am planning on using the current radio's hot wire for the full time source.... any hints?

PS..Doe$ any1 need a supposedly working original GT radio???

·
371 Posts
i would not put cd in the dash
i have found opel wireing is not set up for playing a round with
every opel i have come a crossed has had elc problm
becase of some one trying to put in cd player or some other elc gizmo if you have to have tunes run a seprate wiring and do not open the dash mount in panel below spare tire and get a remote i have seen this done and it look great

ben
a opeler forever

·
Registered
521 Posts
Radio

If your just running a straight CD player (no amp) and say, 4 speakers, then you should be able to tap into any similarly fused bus on the fuse box. I would also use one of the center (always hot posts) with an inline fuse.

You should be fine with that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also interested in putting an in-dash CD/MP3 player.

I am going to mount an amp in the spare tire area, but would like to run all the wiring before I lay in the interior, but after the dynamat is in place. Will any wiring harness (from any other imports) work well in the GT?

·
82 Posts
Most decks have two how wires. A wire that maintains your presets, and time. It is usually wired into an "always on" source. The other is only hot when the ignition is turned on. My only advice is to not splice it into the same power that goes to the heater fan. If you do, the current draw from the fan starting will cause the deck to cut out whenever the fan is turned on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts