Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
on the plug where you fill the tranny ( located next to the shifter under the boot).....whats the trick to keeping that cap on the top of the plug? My plug has a cap on it and it is in two pieces. Is it suppose to be or did I twist it off during removal?

·
227 Posts
the cap was attached to a bolt. The bolt is hollow and has a screen in it. The bolt just screws right out. This is not the fill hole?

·
227 Posts
hmmm...what happens if SOMEONE got really stupid and say put the 80-90w in this vent hole?????????:banghead:
Does the vent hole lead to the tranny so that it would drain down and cause no harm???? AND do you HAVE to have the cap on the vent bolt? If so can I soulder it to stay on? Help stupid out here.:D

·
227 Posts
I put almost a QUART 80-90 in the vent. :eek: filled 'er right up till it ran out! All the time thinkin, hmm, this aint so bad after all! Finally an easy job on the 'ol Opel! SH*@!!!!!

So if I remove the fill plug it will just drain out from the vent on down if it is over full? and if I can't touch any fluid with my pinkie then I'll just add. AM I UNDERSTANDING RIGHT THAT ALL THAT I PUT IN THROUGH THE VENT WILL BE DRAINING ON DOWN TO WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE and it will not cause any harm?
Thanks for the tip with the hose. I'll order a vent bolt from OGTS.

·
227 Posts
ok thanks. was really just concerned that all the fluid would be trapped into the vent area somehow. If you guys are saying it will drain on down I am a happy camper again.

Picture did help.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.