Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, our "noble friend" Dieter took the attached video and sent it to me and I just had to share it as for me it was a first and made it feel like all that I have done over the years was worth it. Was a great show.

paste to your address bar to view

Thanks Dieter, Carl

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Agreed, I can't imagine any closer to finished although when your meticulous your never really finished
Should we poll for the new name?
Well I Finished? LOL

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
So, our "noble friend" Dieter took the attached video and sent it to me and I just had to share it as for me it was a first and made it feel like all that I have done over the years was worth it. Was a great show.
Your GT is awesome, and so are you and Susan!

Dieter

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations on a very finished looking vehicle and a great venue to show it off in. Well done indeed! Looks great and sounds sweet.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just want to say thanks to all of you for the positive comments and Likes that I have received regarding the video/post. Name change is not in the cards yet - I still have a list of things to do, but you know, I am no doubt, getting closer, much closer. Until the next project.....................
Best regards, Will I. Finish

·
Super Moderator
3,213 Posts
Great video of you and your wife with the GT in the Charlotte Motor Speedway winners circle! Just think of all the great racers that been through there. Like Richard Petty, Dale Earnhart, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex, Jr., Darrell Waltrip, Jimmie Johnson, David Pearson and now Will I. Finish (Carl Hook). Good job with your GT. Hope to see you again soon!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Roy, high praise indeed. What a great group of people to be associated with and frankly it is only because you found me out side of the speedway struggling, looking for a way in. For those that did not hear the story, I was on my way from the hotel to the speedway trying to get my phone to navigate, and all of a sudden this truck pulled up beside of me. I thought it was just someone taking a close look at the Opel but long story short turned out to be Ooooner, but I did not know that, ready to lead me to the staging area. I realized I was in the wrong lane and pointed to him to let me cut infront of him and he motioned OK. Then he rolled down his window and said hi I'm Roy you can follow me over, it did not dawn on me that it was Ooooner so I just said hi I'm Carl. So as I followed him to the entrance I started thinking what are the odds that he was just right there, as if by magic, as I was getting ready to turn onto the main road to the speedway, I mean really what are the odds and well the rest is history. Took me right into our reserved space and so began my first car show. I have to give Ooooner/Roy a lot of credit for not only putting the whole thing together but for being there to help those in need to find their way. I had never met Roy but let me say that it was a pleasure to make his acquaintance. So thanks Roy, had you not come out looking for me, to lead me to the speedway, well who knows.........Thanks again Roy for making it happen and for making it my best car show ever. Very Best, Carl
PS...The whole group was great and everyone had a good time. Would like to have seen more Opels, you know the more the merrier right, maybe next time. A good time was had by all. Does anyone have anymore pictures?

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Roy, the "Guardian Ooooner" ... :love: :D :p

Dieter

Reactions: Will I. Finish
1 - 13 of 13 Posts