Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Senior Contributor
5,188 Posts
I'd love a copy of the plans for this stand.
This is the same design but not quite as high. Obviously it would be very easy to increase the height if you wanted to. This one is only made for the GT so it does not have the second set of vertical supports, but again it would be easy to add them if you have the dimension between the jacking points of the Manta. Mike Lane (Opellane) has this one, I built it for him when he was building his blue car.

Attachments

Reactions: Autoholic

· Senior Contributor
5,188 Posts
To add a little to this thread, here is a set of jack stands that I made that fit into the jacking points of my GT and had casters that you could screw down and lift the whole body off the ground to be able to roll it around. This is what I used in my garage and also at the body shop to roll the shell out of the way when they were not working on it. I still have it all in NY. Doubt I will ever use it again.

Attachments

· Senior Contributor
5,188 Posts
Exactly for this reason. I used what I had on hand. My first one I built from mostly 2” x 2” x .095” steel tubing.

The new one I built from 3” x 3” x .187” steel tubing because it’s what I have left over from a custom corporate meeting desk (21’ x 42’ long!) I built for my father’s company about 30 years ago.
You could rotate a '65 Caddy on there with all the running gear still in it. That's a hellova strong stand!

Reactions: soybean (R.I.P.)

· Senior Contributor
5,188 Posts
Reactions: soybean (R.I.P.)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts