Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this new 32/36 DGV (manual choke) on Ebay. The listing says it's for a Toyota Landcrusier/FJ40. Unless there is some real change in the casting, it should be easy to change jets and such for the Opel (if you have a tired 32/36, then you already have that stuff). It even has the fuel inlet on the correct side. I don't think the DGV can be converted to electric or water choke.

It would be wise to get the suffix numbers off the base, though, and compare to the Opel correct Weber.

Anyway, for a Buy It Now of $150, plus $15 shipping, a new 32/36 doesn't come any cheaper. Just make sure it is new and not 'new' rebuilt (doesn't look like it).

eBay Motors: Weber Carb 32/36 DGV New Fits Land Cruiser FJ40 et al. (item 160231295048 end time Apr-27-08 15:43:26 PDT)

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Just make sure it is new and not 'new' rebuilt
Directly from the listing:

"WEBER CARB 32/36 DGV NEW IN BOX"
and
"Carb is in original box and never been installed"

·
Detritus Maximus
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it says it's new, but you know how people think.

It also says, "Bought this carb a year ago from a guy in Montana
for my 1972 FJ40 LandCruiser 2F motor."

"A guy in Montana."

Odds are he's telling the truth, but the seller may not be the guy that bought it new from a vendor.

I'd ask for a nice close-up of the base to see if there are any washer/nut/bolt marks. If there are none, then it is new and never installed.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Just opened up the link and looked real close at the one hole visible in the base and it looks to be virgin, as in, not previously installed. Take a look and verify that.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks uninstalled to me.
Although I have Webers coming out of my ears right now, if I had the cash I'd take a chance on it.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ep, it sold last night at 5 or so.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts

·
Weber Carburetor Guru
149 Posts
no we did not bid. I was only giving a friendly comment. We sell Webers, new and rebuilt...We only bid on poorly advertised Weber carbs on ebay. and only used ones for rebuilding.

When you use Ebay, you have to take advantage of the situation, ie Weber spelled Webber, Opel spelled Opal or Ople or whatever.

·
Rookie
50 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the Opel world, actually new to engine restoration in general. I've been watching eBay for a Weber carb for my GT. My question is, will any Weber 32/36 DGEV suit an Opel GT, or do I need to look for something even more specific? I've seen a couple that specifically mentioned Opel in the description, and seen others that list other specific makes/models. Are they the same carb, but jetted differently? Thanks!

·
Weber Carburetor Guru
149 Posts
You could call us for a good price on a Weber carb. Brand New. We could supply a 32/36 DGAV with water or electric choke for $320 shipped, an air filter or adapter would be another $25. You can wait for ever on ebay and try and bid, but you do not want to get into a bidding war. Thats one reason to use esnipe.com

All the 32/36 DGEV are the same except they are jetted differently. Remember all DGEV carbs are actually DGAV and had electric chokes installed at some other place

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Wn my other 32/36
You could call us for a good price on a Weber carb. Brand New. We could supply a 32/36 DGAV with water or electric choke for $320 shipped, an air filter or adapter would be another $25. You can wait for ever on ebay and try and bid, but you do not want to get into a bidding war. Thats one reason to use esnipe.com

All the 32/36 DGEV are the same except they are jetted differently. Remember all DGEV carbs are actually DGAV and had electric chokes installed at some other place
My parts car came with an Empi +( Weber knock off) the linkage is different than my other 32/36. Did Weber make a.vw carb? Can it be converted to work on a GT? Thx:confused:

·
Super Moderator
8,170 Posts
Wn my other 32/36

My parts car came with an Empi +( Weber knock off) the linkage is different than my other 32/36. Did Weber make a.vw carb? Can it be converted to work on a GT? Thx:confused:
Is it a knock off of the Weber DFV? In other words are the primary and secondary the opposite of the Weber DGV that you have?

Harold

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Wn my other 32/36

George, how about some pic. of the linkage, sides all over, and # from the carb. if any ? then maybe we can answer your question, instead of just a crap shoot :yup:

·
Administrator
10,066 Posts
Is it a knock off of the Weber DFV? In other words are the primary and secondary the opposite of the Weber DGV that you have?

Harold
If the primary is on the side closest to the engine, it would be similar to the Weber used on Pintos. Not good for the Opel 1.9 as it could cause cyl 1 &4 to run lean. Check the numbers on the side of the base (32/36 DFV).

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If the primary is on the side closest to the engine, it would be similar to the Weber used on Pintos. Not good for the Opel 1.9 as it could cause cyl 1 &4 to run lean. Check the numbers on the side of the base (32/36 DFV).
I'll go get it and get back:p

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
An odd little quirk with cylinder temps.
If the cylinder mixture (A/F ratio) is rich...low exhaust temps.
If you :drive: the mixture lean...guess what...the exhaust temps will drop also.

·
Über Genius
9,020 Posts
I had one of those Pinto carbs on my second GT. It was better than a solex but a pain to set up the first time. I remember I had to redo the linkage to make it work.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
okd reversedP
The numbers on base 10061 32/36F ( not DFV) choke housing on drivers side. Linkage looks reversed :confused:
(My driver side barrel opens first the the other one opens as the throttle is increased)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts