Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving the other day and I saw the new Chevy Impala. This model has the four round tail lights without the red plastic cover across the tail. It made me think hmmm, sort of looks like a Manta in the back, and since Opel and Chevy are GM products... makes you wonder. Well it was just a casual observation and perhaps wishful thinking since we will probably never get a new and exciting Opel back over here.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I can pretty much gaurantee that the GM managment has looked at all the GM brands worldwide (Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Buick Cadillac, Saab, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Saturn, and any others) and has determined that it would have the greatest economic and practical feasibility to leave the respective marques in their respective countries and platform share a chassis across the borders if a chassis/platform was determined to fit into another market.

Opel --> Cadillac Catera
Opel --> Cadillac CTS
Holden --> Pontiac GTO
Opel Speedster --> Pontiac Solstice (we can dream, right?)

In short, I think it's a very long stretch to expect a Blitz to bless the hood of any new cars on these shores.

I also think that Chevy is banking on customers confusing the round tail lights with a Vette.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,794 Posts
Holden=Opel Commodore
Saab 9-3=Opel (sort of)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts