Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car seats in a 1900 wagon

Does anyone have any experience with both front and rear faciing car seats in a 1900 wagon? (in the back seat) Are there lap belts on the sides? in the middle? I would need measurements from the back of the drivers seat with a 6' tall person sitting comfortably.
Measurement #1-bottom of seat back to the drivers seat
Measurement #2-top of seat back to the drivers seat (head rest)
Measurements would be great, but any first hand experience would be even better.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
I own two Sportwagons currently, I can get you the measurements tonight when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
As for a 6 ft person sitting comfortably, it's a toss up, either the driver AND the person sitting behind them are 5' 5" tall or shorter, one is going to lose out in the seating catagory LOL!! I'm 6' 4" and I have to have the seat all the way back, the only person who can sit behind me, comfortably, is my 3 year old son, in his safety seat! LOL

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that kind of answers my question. There IS enough room for a safety seat behind the driver. Safety seat aka front facing car seat. Mine is from like 20 to 80 lbs, so most likely similar to yours. I think if there would be an issue it will be with the rear facing seat because the head of it and the handle will be against the back of the front seats. I appreciate your help.
I'm really only 5'11", I just like to round up.;)

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a side note, I saw on NADA they had 1900 Wagon and 1900 Sportwagon. What is the difference?

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
The 1900 Wagon is "plain Jane", if you look in the for sale adds you can see a green 72 for sale. The "Sportwagon" was 74 & 75 only, they had rally wheels with trim rings and the interior was just like the manta Rallye, tach, extra gauge pod, thick "sport" steering wheel and fat shifter knob.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Here's what the dash of the Sportwagon is like, the "wood" is something I added.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
other anchors too

There are also rear shoulder belt anchors behind the rear seat in the side wall. You can use them to properly anchor the child seats if you have the kind that need that as well. Even the Kadett wagons have the extra anchors, by the way.

Another reason wagons are simply the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.