Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
781 Posts
vroom-vroom! All ya gotta do is figure out how to get the radiator in front of the radiator support.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an old issue of Chrome and Flames from 86 or 87 that had a GT with a cih 6 in it. Looked pretty nice.

Reactions: dpre

·
Registered
726 Posts
While the 25S six is a nice and smooth engine in a base model Commodore, swapping one in place of a four is a little bit like contemplating using a 267CID Chevy for a V8 swap.
:) A 28S/H/E would be a much better starting point, but since there is still a large supply of three liter engines I would choose one of those instead, preferably a big valve C30NE. Although I wouldn't shoehorn one in a GT, I would build my own interpretation of a Manta A based 2800TE instead.

·
Opel Key Master
5,074 Posts
I wondered if this wasn’t from Xaver’s Commodore, but he is on the other side of Virginia. While a neat to see engine if all you are used to is 4 cyl CIH, it’s not a performance engine necessarily

·
Living in the past
2,304 Posts
I wondered if this wasn’t from Xaver’s Commodore, but he is on the other side of Virginia. While a neat to see engine if all you are used to is 4 cyl CIH, it’s not a performance engine necessarily
I know this motor, it was a running motor when pulled and replaced with a 2.8. I know that the car was sold to someone in Virginia but I don't know where. Someone looking for a 2.5 to use in restoring a 2.5 car this is a very good deal, while the motor could use a rebuild it is all there and it is all together. The car that it came out of was a 4 speed coupe and it was white if that helps any.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While the 3.0 has more performance, just having a cih 6 sitting in your garage is worth $75.

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
While the 3.0 has more performance, just having a cih 6 sitting in your garage is worth $75.
It’s worth restoring to make into a coffee table stand.

Reactions: Paul M and opelbits
1 - 11 of 11 Posts