Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
""".............“Bild Frankfurt”’ reports that Opel CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann has reason for joy: the Opel Diplomat V8 Coupé is the vintage car with the highest increase in value in Germany. According to expert organisation Classic Data, Diplomat models even with many traces of usage have increased 436 per cent in value and are worth around EUR 90,000. Models in top condition currently cost EUR 195,000. The previous value champion, the VW Bus T1 Samba shows “only” a 229 per cent increase in value......."

Opel_Kapitän/Admiral/Diplomat_A

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,419 Posts
I could have gottena Diplomat A for like $3K a few years ago.. >.<

·
7,419 Posts
I highly doubt that this was a Diplomat A Coupe. They made only 347 of them between February 1965 until July 1967.
I don't think there's more than a dozen or so left.
Ahh. didnt get that tid bit.. no it was a 4 door and must be a B as well.

Doh.. I do think I have seen an A in the US somewhere though.. maybe it was an Admiral.

Attachments

·
7,419 Posts
It was a Admiral A.. in the desert at Opels Unlimited..

Wonder if you cloned it as a Diplomat A coupe what it would be worth..

Maybe with a LS motor :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
It was a Admiral A.. in the desert at Opels Unlimited..

Wonder if you cloned it as a Diplomat A coupe what it would be worth..

Maybe with a LS motor :)
Yea, but then you couldn't use those cool cast aluminum Opel valve covers that fit the SBC.

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
""".............“Bild Frankfurt”’ reports that Opel CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann has reason for joy: the Opel Diplomat V8 Coupé is the vintage car with the highest increase in value in Germany. According to expert organisation Classic Data, Diplomat models even with many traces of usage have increased 436 per cent in value and are worth around EUR 90,000. Models in top condition currently cost EUR 195,000. The previous value champion, the VW Bus T1 Samba shows “only” a 229 per cent increase in value......."

Opel_Kapitän/Admiral/Diplomat_A
Karl-Thomas Neumann's Diplomat Coupe was at the Russelsheim museum when I visited back in May

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts