Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the backbones for OpelGT.com has been the regional clubs. Over the years many groups have formed around the country to promote local gatherings, parts exchanges, general camaraderie and just helping each other keep our Opels running. We are making several changes to improve exposure for the clubs and make it easier for members to find and join a club.

A new Clubs home page has launched. Links are in the top navigation bar and on the left side of the main page. Clubs are viewable either by pins on a map, sorted by state, or by club. All the details of the club are right there.

New or existing clubs can be added by completing a simple form. Each club will need to have at least one (or several) coordinators who will have full moderator power over their group. It the club does not have its own web site, the Social Group page will become the clubs web page with discussion forums, photos page, links to the sites Event calendar, etc. This will give local clubs their own area while still connected to the Opel Community.

The "Club Forums" on the main site have been closed to new postings as of 1/3. I am looking for a way to port the threads in there over to the Groups.

We currently have 27 Opel Groups. I am asking the coordinators of those groups to register them in the Clubs page so they will be pinned and everything can funnel through there.

Post your comments and questions below.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Each club will need to have at least one (or several) coordinators who will have full moderator power over their group. ........
How do we get the second coordinator on board?

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Georgia gang - who's the coordinator? I nominate Gene :)...

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary thanks for setting this link up.

Here is the Texas Opel Group link texasopel : Opel Club of Texas, OMC

Do we need Rodney to fill in the form in the link to get it posted? or is it someone else in the group.

Ron
Ron - You can set it up and be the coordinator and add Rodney's info as the contact person.

How do we get the second coordinator on board?
Hans - Your club is existing. PM the name(s) of any other coordinators to me and I'll add them. New listings can add as many as needed.

·
Driver
987 Posts
Great addition Gary! I like it.
:arms:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts