Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After posting in this thread http://www.opelgt.com/forums/7a-clutch/26523-clutch-cable-e-clip-size-2.html how I made cable clutch retainer by modifying 12mm McMaster-Carr split collar, I received several emails asking if I could make few more of those. I just had one made for Gene which gave me the idea on the cost: $22 including McMaster-Carr split collar, cost of machine shop and cost of mailing to States or within Canada.
There is no profit, just trying to help fellow Opelers. If you are interested, please send me PM.

Attachments

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gene, your clutch retainer is in mail by the kindness of Don who picked it from me last Saturday at Rob's Opelfest. It is in a small padded envelope and Don is mailing it from Michigan to avoid Canada Post which is on strike. The latest news is that the mail will start moving tomorrow as Canadian government imposed Back To Work legislation.

I will be placing order to McMaster-Carr on Wednesday for those that requested clutch retainer. Expecting that all collars will be modified by the machine shop and ready to be shipped in about 2 weeks. I will keep you informed.

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
Gene, your clutch retainer is in mail by the kindness of Don who picked it from me last Saturday at Rob's Opelfest. It is in a small padded envelope and Don is mailing it from Michigan to avoid Canada Post which is on strike. The latest news is that the mail will start moving tomorrow as Canadian government imposed Back To Work legislation.

I will be placing order to McMaster-Carr on Wednesday for those that requested clutch retainer. Expecting that all collars will be modified by the machine shop and ready to be shipped in about 2 weeks. I will keep you informed.
Thank you Sir! That means Kat will get her OGTS order soon, along with the "Can of Keys"
@ Don; let me know if I owe you a beer or two....

·
Opeler
754 Posts
I took the package to the P.O. this afternoon so you should get it soon Gene. Glad I could help you and PJ out.

Don

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update: Placed an order to McMaster-Carr for number of collars. I will pick them up next week in Shippensburg PA and bring with me to be machined.

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up collars that arrived from Mc Master-Carr. They will be machined and ready to be shipped early next week.
Those that didn't send me the shipping address, please do so via PM.
Thanks
P.J.

·
Not So Newb Anymore
342 Posts
P.J. I am guessing this replaces the E-Clip on the firewall where the cable runs thru correct? Maybe someone would be so kind as to post a pic?

·
Opelnut
947 Posts
Pic request

P.J. I am guessing this replaces the E-Clip on the firewall where the cable runs thru correct? Maybe someone would be so kind as to post a pic?
if you look at the first post in this thread you can see what he is offering. if you want a photo od one installed on a car. I will do that when I get mine

·
Not So Newb Anymore
342 Posts
I read the thread linked in post one. Just curious to see what it looked like installed and possibly a pic of just one half to see how the groove in it looked. Thanks.

·
Opeler
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just picked up collars from the machine shop. They will be sent tomorrow.
Please drop me a PM when you receive them, want to be sure that everything is in good order.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. It looks to be very well done and well worth the small investment.
Thanks for doing these PJ! :biggthump

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe slightly off topic, but...
The other end of the clutch cable attaches to the clutch arm under the car. Mine is loose and easily slips out of the snap on opening. Was wondering what keeps this in place? Please see the pic I took below.
Thanks in advance.

·
Über Genius
9,400 Posts
In your transmission crossmember you will see a small hole.
In the picture you show, you can see a second small hole next to where the cable ball seats.
Connect a spring between those two holes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts