Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, last weekend I took my GT out for a somewhat lengthy pre-Carlisle shakedown run. I was on my way home when “suddenly, there arose such a clatter...” as I stopped for a traffic light. Tonight I finally got enough time to put it on my lift and I figured out the clutch fork retainer spring has failed. The noise seems to be from the clutch fork rattling around on the adjustment stud. It’s annoying but otherwise the car drives normally.

My question is whether I need to fix this right away to avoid potential damage, or could I wait til after Carlisle to fix it? Also, are there any tips as far as replacement goes? I seem to recall that it is riveted on, so I guess I’d need to drill that out and replace it with a bolt? Do I need to separate the trans from bell housing to replace the spring?

Thanks, Bob

·
1,719 Posts
Locate a good used clutch arm assy. and replace your old one.

·
Can Opeler
3,486 Posts
You can adjust the clutch fork and install a clutch fork boot from OGTS to make it be quiet. I’ve been driving and racing with a broken clutch fork retainer for about 20,000 miles. Lessen your clutch free travel, shove the clutch fork into its ball stud and use the boot to hold it on and you’ll be good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts