Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closer

The 2.0 is now out of the car. Took the orginal 1.9 out of the barn and it looks like it wants to go back to it's orginal engine bay home. Found some more stuff however. The clutch was put in backwards. This week I will order a new clutch and have the flywheel turned.

I will keep you posted.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Your long time Opel mechanic did that ?????

Most of us learnt that with our first car !!!

:eek:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i learned from my cousin about clutch discs.....for once somebody else messed up and paid for it....NOT ME LOL

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Along this line of thinking, I remember one of my instructors at A & P school saying this about pilots and gear up landings: "There are those that have and those that will." I think all of us have made these types of OOPS. :rolleyes:

Ron

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly he drinks too much.

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clutch kit on the way.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
speaking of clutch kits, a local place around here gets them for 125 bucks, with throw out bearing, disk, pressureplate, pilot bearing and clutch alignment tool with assembly lube. sounds alot cheaper than most of you find them for, so if a few of you guys would like them, i could probably order a few and ship them out to you guys if you can't find cheaper ones. its manufactured by Sachs

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This Project is getting costly!

New Clutch kit on the way........

Now I see I need engine mounts. Anyone out there have a good used GT set for sale?

Thanks in advance.
Ken:(

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
New Ones!

Don't muck about with ancient used ones!

Opel GT Source has new ones for about $29 each

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well she is closer to being back on the road. The bottom end is now back together. It all looked good, this is the original engine and it was in my dad's barn for 3 years. It now has all new seals. Trans is on the ground............ it was a productive Saturday. Next is the clutch, motor mounts ... I did go with new.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Re: Flywheel machining !!!

opelblitz said:
The 2.0 is now out of the car. Took the orginal 1.9 out of the barn and it looks like it wants to go back to it's orginal engine bay home. Found some more stuff however. The clutch was put in backwards. This week I will order a new clutch and have the flywheel turned.

I will keep you posted.

REMEMBER to have flywheel step machined the SAME AMOUNT as taken off the clutch disk surface!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts