Opel GT Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
OooooOooooo! Nice tidy wiring! :love:

I haven't read this whole thread, but just follow the Pertronix wiring and coil selection suggestions. I made the mistake of keeping a ballast resistor in the circuit and had the oil in the coil boil out and a subsequent breakdown and towing.
Ballast resistor has been cut and taped off and all wiring matched Petronix wiring instructions - I believe this chapter, which has turned out to be a long one is now finished. I feel confident that all is as it should be and also feel confident that I can make a long trip without worry, 115 miles today on a very hot day everything was perfect. Thanks for noticing the wiring, actually that is a direct result of one of your post's, and you thought no one listens.(y) Plus I have a show coming up and have lots to do in the next two weeks to get everything in apple pie order, do people still say that................

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
As I recall from my racing days, a coil in an Opel gets hottest at low rpms and idle speeds. High rpms it’s fine.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts