Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold Air Intake

Hi everyone, new to this forum!

I am a proud owner of an Opel Astra Coupe (2003) Turbo. I love my car and i'd like to put an extra oumph to it. I'm looking for a good cold air intake system that will work for my engine. Will most US made products (AEM,BMC,etc) fit my engine or no? Most engineers dont have the slightest idea or what my car is!!

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Musclemar

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Musclemar, Do a search under "cold air intake" to thread air filter element..
See that you have a 2003 turbo so I am not sure if that app will work for you.

·
Opeler
33 Posts
i've had fairly good results with AEM... however, most of the applications i've seen or driven were for N/A cars... any form of less restriction of air into the throttle body is usually good...

as for them fitting your car, i'd suggest finding out what the US equivilent of your car is, and see if any US companies could help ya there...

·
Driver
987 Posts
Musclemar said:
I am a proud owner of an Opel Astra Coupe (2003) Turbo.
You live in NYC and you have a 2003 Opel? Just courious, where did you get that? I am assuming it was brought over utilizing the military, so does that mean it meets all DOT requirements for safety?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George,

I do live in NYC but my car isn't here. Too much hassle to bring it here. My Opel is in Europe, where i'm originally from. I wish i had it here but it ain't gonna happen!

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
try looking in any of the uk or german tuning mags for C.A.I.S. they are the best to match the astra (you lucky dog)
may not be american but then not all thats made outside the states is bad

·
Driver
987 Posts
baz said:
may not be american but then not all thats made outside the states is bad
Not all that is sold in the states is MADE in the states either. It's really sad how much is not made here.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
American Market

Hey! I would not have a job if it was not for the US Market - and the Oil Indusrty, in particular! We export 98.5% of our production with over half of that going into the US market. Water propulsion jets for boats - lots of them Crew Tenders for oil rigs and vehicle ferries. May of the smaller jet units for pleasure craft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts