Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 413 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an opportunity this afternoon to go have a look see at what was supposed to be 3 GTs. It's not 3 but 4, one is just parts but 3 can be restored. It looks like the best way is to get all 4 at once. Total price is 1500 but only 3 of them have valid titles. The definate scrap one is the one without a title, I'm game for two and willing to go to 700 for them. Anybody want 2 viable builder types with titles for 800? I'll post some pictures once I get them edited for size.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The interior on this one needs to find a dumpster but here are the body pics. it has alot of potential. it's a 71 with what apeared to be a flat top motor and weber. The wheels for the back are under it.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is a 72 and again the interior hasn't had a good time but might be salvagable. It appears to be a low compression with a solex. I didn't even try to fire any of them up, I was just looking to see what was there and get a feel for price and parts. there is an Ascona hood and windshield there too. I can do two but not all 4. I'm looking for somebody to take the white ones and complete the deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
where did you stumble across them?? Would love to help, but can't. All ready have my junker park in the back, which the wife just loves :)

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on, don't tell me that 800 is too much for 2. the weber lights and bumbers are worth more than that. If I have to part out then so be it, but I'd rather somebody took the white ones as builders.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Dave,

I hope some folks on that side of the Mississippi help out. Some of those cars are in resorable condition. Good Luck

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Dave, I'd be interested but I gotta wait till after I sell my little house (hopefully within the next month or two), which puts it about June. If I could, I'd do it now.
Barry

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
got anymore pics of the body-damage on the 71 dave?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jared, of the 4 the white in post #2 has some rust in the usual spot as you can see in the picture. The white one in post #3 all the damage is right there to the nose and looks easily fixable. The rest of the body is sound.

OK the other two, both orange, one 12/71 and the other a 73. The 73 has front end damage and no motor or tranny or title. the 71 has a flat top motor with a solex and the body and chrome are all good with the exception of the drivers light bucket is missing. These are the 2 I'm after, the 71 for the body and the 73 for the suspension.

I got a call today that they can be seperated into pairs rather than all 4 at once. I have a place to store them for a short period of time and will probably take all 4 but the two pictured need new homes in the near future.

The one in post#2 is 300 dollars and the one in post #3 is 450. The chrome on #2 is worth more than 300. The shell on #3 is worth alot more than 450.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, this is the one I'm after, and the pictures explain why.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On my last visit out I noticed the better of the two white ones was set up for auto and AC. After a closer look even the 73 could be restored as it has some nose damage but not that bad. It could be titled in a redhot minute too. At the prices I mentioned it is hard to believe no takers have stepped completely forward.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 71 is for my daughter, if I can talk her out of her current color choice. The 73 will be a pheonix type with the big motor, Turbo EFI on nitro methane. The two white ones would be a great project at a great price. Those two have better potential than the 2 I bought for 1200.

I could lift one tire on a Manta with 150 horse or so, any votes on if I can get both front tires airborn on the 73? Man did I need another project car, Titles should be there so next is move them and go through them for goodies and nasties. 1.9 CIH that will pull the front wheels could happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are these at? I've got a 69 I'm going to work on this summer, and the nose was bent up by the previous owner. The 71 in post #2 looks to have a pretty decent nose...what are your thoughts on it? On mine the buckets flip over but don't line up well and the 71 looks pretty good...has anyone pasted in a new nose on one of these? The other problem is that I have absolutely no place to store it...the HOA here (Thornton, north Denver) simply wouldn't allow it. I might be able to fit a cut-off nose into the garage but don't want to cut it up if it's worth restoring by itself...

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've put on a new nose on one but I won't cut these unless it's a last resort. All 4 are restorable. In Thornton there is a storage place on the right of I 25 if your having a problem. just north in Erie is blakes but don't know what's left up there. I'm not saying no but if they can be restored is my first choice.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is probably the worst of the bunch. 73 but looks like a good one for putting an odd motor in with a t5 and rear diff to be named later. My 72 was worse when I started on it. No motor tranny or rear end to pull anyway.

Attachments

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
still snow?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Colorado Law is very touchy about cars without titles, the titles are in the mail from Alabama or possibly have arrived but I haven't heard. Without them being correct and valid the value is scrap prices. Here it takes around 6 months and 600 dollars to create a valid title on a running car, it has to be road tested before they will consider it, bonded, title searched, Vin checked, appraised and if it's not appraised high enough no valid title only a scrap title so you can dispose of it legally without cutting it up in pieces. Honest

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
White Gt Parts

What's the price of the "better" White GT,
and what type of A/C system is it (ARA is a
silver box on passenger side of engine;
GM is black round compressor on driver's side
of engine). Also, does the vehicle have
a good condition a/c console, and/or how
complete is the a/c system?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that one has no motor or tranny but just console and lines, it was an auto. price was 450.

1 - 20 of 413 Posts