Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well I've decided to start doing the major body steel work on my opel for this winter. I basically need something to keep my mind off of life's little stresses, and I was fed up at looking at the rough looking bondo and fiberglass job that was done 25 years ago to my car. I've been checking out all the work that keith had done and I was happy to see that my car has very similar rust problems as the orange opel......My goal is not do do a full restoration but to start doing some major freshening up of the body and replacing some rubbers , odds and ends that are badly worn out. Engine, trany, clutch and rear end tho stock and original all work fine so I won't touch them. I'm only planning on painting the bottom half of the car and hopefully driving it by next summer. This should be good enough to get me a few more years of enjoyment before I would have to spend 15 000$ and two to three years on the REAL restoration and Final paint Job. I mite post some pics but really it would look like old news because we've already seen the same rust damage on other threads . All this to say that I'm very lucky and appreciative of this restoration thread and the time keith took to make it for all of us to learn off of. :) Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well after a bunch of work removing 25 year old fiber glass and bondo from my car I've realized that the rust goes far beyond just my body panels but into the panels behind them. After my conversation with the good boys at OpelGTSource , I've realized that my body mite be beyond repair!!!!:no: Truly a sad day for my little 37 year old survivor. My budy's bringing me his sandblaster for the weekend and we'll see the extent of the damage but right now it doesn't look to good.:no:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
......oops

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
First off, Great car and amazing thread!! I've enjoyed every post and I'm happy to hear you've manage to put on 14k on it. Quick question and pardon my ignorance but I was always under the impression you could not run stock 13 inch rims with 75"big disc brakes???? I've been interested in the same mod put was discouraged when I read you couldn't run stockers. What was your solution???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.