Tough call, it depends on the state of tune of the existing engine I'd think. For a stock engine, it's probably overkill, unless you like the 'wow' factor...it looks pretty neat under the hood, and it's nice eliminating the cap and rotor.
Once I figured the firing order out, it was VERY easy to install. Press the supplied trigger over the distributor shaft, snap on the sensor unit over the top of the distributor, screw the coil pack to the inner fender (this is also the ground), plug the harness from the coil pack into the distributor sensor, run a 12V key-on wire to the coil pack (don't use the stock resistor wire), and attach the spark plug wires. Literally 15 minutes to install. I give it an 'A' for installation simplicity.
For a reasonably modified engine, I feel it's a way better deal than the Pertronix, MSD, Crane, etc. I have yet to try it out on a 'crazy' engine with a lot of rpm potential, but theoretically it should be better. I took a few photos of the unit in the car, and a few others of the 'mess' I removed, consisting of the old XR-700 and trigger, rotor, cap, wires, Jacob's, and Jacob's Ultra coil. The amount of wiring alone that is avoided is worth using the Compufire! I'll post them once I can download them into my computer.