Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would I tie the yellow wire on a modern radio into. The red wire I am good on, but the constant power for the memory on the radio I am not sure about.

Thanks

·
Can Opeler
3,486 Posts
Where would I tie the yellow wire on a modern radio into. The red wire I am good on, but the constant power for the memory on the radio I am not sure about.

Thanks
The rule of thumb on a GT from my experience is:
Brown wires are grounds
Gray wires are interior lighting circuits
Black wires (with stripes) are switched positive
Red wires are battery positive
Blue wires are usually gauge sender related.

I’d wire it to one of the 4 studs in the middle of the fuse box with an inline fuse added. From memory, when upside down under the fuse box there is a red and white striped wire just to the left of the center of the fuse box (going onto the passenger side stud closest to the nose of the car.) that is your direct battery + into the car. Add the wire onto that with probably a 5 amp fuse. Or whatever your radio recommends.

Please review your wiring diagram to check my memory though.

·
Super Moderator
5,947 Posts

Thanks
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Thread moved to the "Sound System" Forum

I would suggest the clock wire, as it is "hot" all the time, and should be fused sufficiently to provide memory retention for a radio. I don't have a wiring diagram handy (it's our final week of our month in Maui) but IIRC, it is an 18 gauge red wire.

HTH

·
Opeler
3,103 Posts
Google or eBay Search: .250" FEMALE TAB TO TWO MALE PIGGYBACK
Excellent Faston adapters for adding circuits to fuse box or other electrical connections.
:no: They were available at RadioShack stores.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts