Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,435 Posts
Seems many have done it.. but damn if I can find any thread or page with the info online.

But no direct "How to", or as I have learned the last 2 years.. nothing telling you the "Not to do" or "Watch out for this" or "Don't forget this"

I know I have a shop that can do the modification and has the skills to fabricate or weld anything I need.

The REAL question, is how much work is it really overall ? What parts can you or can you not use ?

Do you have to go with the horns like shown ? Could you modify the factory intake ? Etc.. etc.. etc..

As I have a disassembled C30SE coming over, I am sure someone will want to know, and if I don't get someone that wants to do it, I may do it for myself.

Reactions: aeidsli

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have the recipe for the block now..

So I guess it would be time to start looking at doing someone new.. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I found info on this a year or two ago but after Chrome got reset a couple of times I lost the links. I will post if I find the page again.

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4,231 Posts
Seems many have done it.. but dam if I can find any thread or page with the info online.

But no direct "How to", or as I have learned the last 2 years.. nothing telling you the "Not to do" or "Watch out for this" or "Don't forget this"

I know I have a shop that can do the modification and has the skills to fabricate or weld anything I need.

The REAL question, is how much work is it really overall ? What parts can you or can you not use ?

Do you have to go with the horns like shown ? Could you modify the factory intake ? Etc.. etc.. etc..

As I have a disassembled C30SE coming over, I am sure someone will want to know, and if I don't get someone that wants to do it, I may do it for myself.
Etc...etc....etc

Go in Manta world here just now

CiH 16V Winter 2007

Or here a allready done head for sell in barter!

https://www.tuning-beimel.de/produktkatalog/opel-zylinderkopfteile-cih/zylinderkopf-cih-24v-gek%C3%BCrzt-auf-16v-detail

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Certified Opelholic
1,461 Posts
I been drooling over those motors for many years

info is sort of like the old roller cam/roller lifter project

I thought this info was pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5zDemyt6A

Gil gave me a ride in his car back in the day and it was pretty awesome

I have parts to build a well over 200hp Toyota 4AG but it would sure suck
to go traitor with a non-Opel engine

my first question would be how in the world would you even get a head/motor in the first place

·
Registered
433 Posts
I been drooling over those motors for many years

info is sort of like the old roller cam/roller lifter project

I thought this info was pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5zDemyt6A

Gil gave me a ride in his car back in the day and it was pretty awesome

I have parts to build a well over 200hp Toyota 4AG but it would sure suck
to go traitor with a non-Opel engine

my first question would be how in the world would you even get a head/motor in the first place
I wonder if that cast iron header would fit the GT. It has the Opel Blitz cast into it so did Opel make a 4 cylinder version?

The engine in Gil's car is an original 400, but I am sure the experience would be the same. I am also torn between staying in the family or turning Japanese, Genesis 2.0T with 275hp.

·
Registered
433 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts