Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Checker auto a few weeks ago and while waiting my turn I did some playing around with the stuff on the counter. There was a display for dash mate. I looked at the listings and a GT was there. Ok to go back a bit I have a tan cover that looks like hell. I gave away a black one as it was bad too. A bit more background, I had a seamed cover put on the dash and the more heat it saw the worse it looked as well. I figured why not have a look see. The color is a dead ringer for the color of the car in a sorta blood red and a perfect fit. No ducting issues and 24.99 is hard to beat. matching color was way too cool. I'll be looking for one for the wagon next week in black.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The problem I have with my GT dash cover which fits well is that it throws a bad reflection up onto the windshield and makes it very difficult to see. I took it out and sprayed it with flat black paint which helps some but it still isn't great. Any suggestions? I have the same problem in my 2.5 RS dash with no cover--it has come to this--I won't dust it off in order to try to reduce the glare. Looks like hell.
OK--who's got the best kept secret here to solve this annoying and potentially dangerous condition?
jo

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen several variations. Some cover the vents and some have a thin area behind the vents. Covered is no good and the thin piece looks like crap in short order. This one has complete cutouts for the vents and the color choices are great. It attaches via velcro and an extremely good fit. I'll be at the shop later today and I'll take some pics. My GT is not a standard color and I got one that matches it to a tee.

·
478 Posts
Hi I noticed that there is a cover on e-bay.I think it is the fiberglass one.I also think for the price I would rather have a fiberglass one.Just thought it might work for someone.Thanks Tim

·
1,175 Posts
How can they sell anything (at Parts America) when the photo isn't even of the product you want. The photo they have is for another car and looks like it has ragged edges. The fit is very important or it will look like @$#%.

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Nice look Dave

Sorry BDD the problem is there are too many variations to have an exact pic from Parts America. If you would like to get a better idea of color and fabric go to your local Checker, Schucks, or Kragen Auto Parts stores. Also if you are on the eastern side of the U.S. Advanced Auto can help. Both CSK and Advanced auto are partners in Parts America. This insider info provided by Checker Asst Mgr...Me :D
Jo Anna the lighter colors are more likly to reflect on windshield, like the
Hawiian print has white flowers and I think that would be bad. I like the colors that are already present inside the car, my dash cover is taupe as is my interior. If you have a grey interior I would go with smoke for the RS. My 91 Legacy had grey interior, that was a good car :( .
If OGTS is using Coverking, then it is the same, if they are using Dashmat then it is different. Like Nike or Reebok both make shoes but they fit different. It takes me 7-10 days to get a dashcover as they are made to order. Gil may have them is stock and get them to you in 3 days but that only works for Opels. My $.02 :rolleyes:
Shawn

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the ideas Shawn. I do have a bib on the GT now but like I said, I sprayed it with flat black paint to damp down the glare. Sounds like I'm stuck with glare no matter how you look at it ( no need to pardon the pun--:) ).
MOrning eveyone--the day if afoot--lets get out there and DRIVE!
Jo Anna

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.