·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Jordan;
That is the Famed C/D Opel GT, made along with the C/D Sedan, now owned by member Craig on Long Island, NY (See pics at 2003 Carlisle show, Sedan is white car strapped to trailer) This GT is still be sought, as the magazine states. There are more pics of this GT, I think in the "download section"

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how would i go about doing a 2 tone aint job like that? wouldnt there be a little lip where the black covers the basecoat yellow?

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Jordan;
Looks like a straight forward job of just painting the top surface of the hood area from fender to fender and cowl to bumper, black, then painting the tail panel black. I don't know about the "Car and Driver" logo, might have copyrights involved there. The rest of the car was white. I also think both sides of the headlights were black too.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i wasnt going to paint car and driver on the side of it, but wouldnt it leave a lip of paint a few thousandths of an inch thick where the masking line is removed on the fenders making it vonerable to chipping? i wasnt planning on clearcoating, do i have to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts