Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,027 Posts
Making Carlisle (and Carlisle actually happening ...)

Dieter

·
Resident Whippersnapper
1,209 Posts
In a few short weeks, hopefully, I will have my Caribbean Aqua, '70 GT back, with a rebuilt Euro 2.4/2.5, managed by a Holley Sniper 2300. Just in time to install Keith's GT a/c kit before the Houston heat makes driving unbearable without A/C. With a newly installed 3:67 rear gear in the diff., and the Getrag, I should be driving this Go-cart by summer!
You didn't happen to get that 3.67 gearset from Gil, did you?

·
Registered
52 Posts
What manifolds are you using. Looks like your carbs are no where near the heater box area!
I’m using short dbilas ones, they are 3 inches, and then I have raised the engine to 0 deg. Angle By modifying the engine mounts. I have also tested moving the engine mounts a little just to clear the last bit. But the placement is pretty good now as it is all is clearing the engine and the exhaust lines perfect.
I’m planning to make a plenum with a pipe to the fore end that snaps off easy to reduce noice on longer trips, so I needed all the clearance it could give.
Only thing I find a bit tricky now is the gear leaver angle. I have to see if I can adjust a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let me know if any of you have tried changing engine angle and placement and have any experiences for me to know - I haven’t run it yet, so I’m pretty curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Opeler
3,643 Posts
I had to remove the instrument panel in order to install switch for my new motorized headlights and was not in hurry to put everything back. I drove this afternoon to Princess Auto to pickup polarity reversing toggle switch that I needed. The closest Princess Auto store is in Sarnia, at the border with Michigan. Getting closer to the border, there were large signs informing that the border was closed except for essential traffic. Princess Auto is Canadian Harbor Freight and it is usually packed with the people. Not today, just two customers. It was eerie how the road was empty, streets deserted, businesses closed. After the flood of toilet paper jokes, the seriousness of the situation is settling.

Well, I will now button-up everything and have my GT in fully functional condition, whatever happens. Not panicking, just being realistic. My wish is that all Opelers and their families get through this unscathed.

·
RunOpel
1,206 Posts
Hey P.J. when you are finished with your motorized headlight project, could you post some pictures? I would love to see how and what you did. You have installed a lot of cool stuff on your GT. Do you have a customized instrument panel or the original? Working with the original is a royal pain in the behind :)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
• Make new door panels (if materials ever arrive)
• Complete interior
• Finish rewiring project (complete replacement with KW22STD kit)
• Install headlight buckets

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
"With many lockdowns (and coming lockdowns), lots of us are going to have lots of mandated time away from other people"
The Constitution Of The United States does not give ANY mayor, or governor or any other "politician" that power. No forced or "mandated" stay at home "order" carries any weight of law, even the local PD and the governor stated so on the news. So I am doing nothing different then I always have, I go out when I want, I go to work and I don't panick over a mild flu type bug. So that said, I have been trying to get back after putting an engine together.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts