Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the approximate value of the American Racing Libre wheel?

I have a set of four that are 13" X 5 with a 4X100mm bolt circle. They are clean with no curb rash, cracks, bends in the rim or oxidation. They also have a wheel center for each wheel. Does anyone use these?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Dave, it might be a plan to take a pic or two and let folks see them. Could be someone on the site can use them.

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Wheels

Are these wheels also called daisy wheels or 200s?
Send me a PM with your email and I will send a photo of what I have and need.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Ron, et-al;
These are what American Racing Libre mags look like.
Gene

Attachments

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheels.

Exactly, Gene. If I get the others, I'll knock these down for you and send them with Mike. That or send them to be recycled. What do you think? THe aluminum should be worth about .75 per pound.

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
I think you can get a little more from the recycle centers here in Atlanta, I can check if you want.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
if the daisy wheels are going to a recycler i'll get them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Al-lew-mini-um is going for .05 a pound here in Hooooston.
Heck- I all weeelll give ya .10 a pound for them all. :cool:

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Recycle.

I believe that they should definitely be recycled. Just like most of the Opels I see. They're just about one step away from the recycler. Like that Rallye I've got.

Aluminum values have really dropped. We used to get .40 a pound for incadescent lamp shell stampings when I worked for Philips. Well, as long as the wheels go for a good use, who cares. ;)

Happy Opeling!

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
WHeels

David, all this recycle talk about these wheels is strange. I responded about your wheels because I have been searching the web and other opel sources to replace my damaged ones. So...... would you like to sell them?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
David McCollam said:
they should definitely be recycled. Just like most of the Opels I see. They're just about one step away from the recycler. , who cares.
WHAT???? HERETIC!!!!! BLASHPHEMER!!!!!! May your floor board rust thru while your sitting in your car at 90 MPH :) :cool:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
hope thats sarcastic. i can't graple the fact a set of wheels would be "recycled" for .75 cents a pound or sold to a fellow opeler to save them for 600? you woudlnt even get 100 for recycling, not even close. sounds weird.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
yes i hope so to micah, surely understand asking more than scrap, but not weight in gold

·
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sarcasim is a wonderful thing.

You're very astute for one so young. The point is, these wheels are in excellent shape, they are available as a set, at a market rate. Not ones or twos, or because any are damaged or in poor condition.

I am singularly amazed at times by what generates conversation on the site. I've asked technical questions before and have gotten less response. However, most of the time the technical stuff is very handy. I appreciate all who have inquired.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts