Opel GT Forum banner

Crager SS mags?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Gordy 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Rechroming is going to be expensive. Moreso than powder coating, but PC won't really look right either. Everybody that is into cars knows that Cragers are good old bright chrome and the best that you can do with PC is to get a polished aluminum look.

Allen :cool:

#5 ·
Well this hits close to home, The Ansen mag alloy wheels I got from Rick Via Gene in "Jawja" were very porous, so I couldn't polish them to my satisfaction. After numerous calls in the area, I found Anaheim Plating chrome plates aluminum wheels. My cost for only face plating is $75 per wheel, for full plating it is $85. Face plating is only the outside of the wheel, that's what is visible just looking at the wheel and tire as mounted on the car. I opted for that so I could paint the interior of the wheel. You send them the wheel, they call and tell you the cost, depending on what is needed to prep it and it's plated per your specs, then sent back C.O.D. I don't know the quality yet, they still have 2 wheels, I should get them back in a week and I'll post a pic in my Willit? Upgrade thread. HTH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.