Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture or a good description of crankcase venting with dual side drafts? I have read the threads on the 32/36s but with the duels I don't have a carb base plate to vent to for vacuum and there are lots of warnings not to use the brake vacuum off the one manifold hole.

I have the big hose connected to the filters of the carbs but the little hose I just have a one way valve on there and I am getting to much pressure and hence oil leaks. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
14,174 Posts
Best bet for the brake booster hose, as you've mentioned, is to tie all the intake runners together for shared vacuum. But for the crankcase breather, I never run it back into the engine. Oil vapor will reduce fuel octane, and may make your engine detonate. So I use a 1-quart breather/overflow container, similar to: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2462&prmenbr=361
If you thread a fitting into your valve cover with a 5/8" barb, you can put a -10AN (5/8") hose from the valve cover to the breather tank. Don't worry about the small hole on the valve cover, it can be plugged.

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts