Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Dang, that thing will git-up-an-go!
Sounds pretty sweet too!
I am enjoying my DSL, new today!:D
Yesterday with my wopping 28.8kbps I would not have even attemped this.
George

·
Opeler
42 Posts
It is Manta B with 6 cylinder 4.0 Dual Ram Irmscher engine.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
been trying to see this video for a few days now, no luck, any suggestions. at school on brand new Clientpro computers with pentium 4's, DLS internet, watched alot of videos on this site but this one wont work.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
i have cable internet, and a newer computer. 128mb graghics card. and it work work here either...

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
sweet, many thanks baz.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,483 Posts
Video

Is that video still available somewhere? I tried all of the posted links with no luck.
I'm also looking for a video of a red Manta A somewhere in Scandinavia, with a turbo- and supercharged Volvo engine. Also no luck here...
Does somebody have a working link or can send me the video(s) by e-mail?
Dieter

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I downloaded the videos a while ago, how would I go about posting them? or I could try to email them.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Was it the one with the Manta on the Dyno? If so I have it too. Jarrell

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,483 Posts
video

I don't know anything about the Manta B video besides what is mentioned in this thread, and then the other one in a red Manta A with the Volvo engine, burning rubber on the streets. The original thread is here: http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4095

email would be fine, please send it to [email protected]

Thanks all,
Dieter

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Dieter and all, the site I found is http://www.fastdrive.org/auto_news_videos.php Once there you have to register and when the process is done, search for Manta under videos. There are three. All I can say is that is an awesome car. There is probally more neat stuff on their site, just hadn't had a chance to hunt around. Jarrell

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,483 Posts
got 'em!

Thanks,

that swedish guy is one hell of an engine builder!
If somebody else wants to download from there and don't want to register, use "mmouse" as user name and "mickey" as password.

Dieter

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
that website is not working, will not let me log in on a account i made or the mmouse name.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
holy cripes, that things meaner than hell!!!

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,483 Posts
When I log in, it lets me download the first 2 videos and for the 3rd video it tells me that downloads are restricted to logged in users only. ??? Fine, so why give me number 1 and 2??? Anyway, the number 2 video alone is worth the trouble, I showed it this morning to a visitor (a visitor from Germany, growing up with Kadetts, GTs and Mantas). His comment: "%₪^&%Ω^₪€#Ω$%@#[email protected]#Ω%$^$%^"

Dieter

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i just can't the the video of the speedometer. have gotten the drag race and the long video. the engine on the dyno in the end was awesome and just hearing the turbo spool up and go sideways is awesome. my favorite was the powerbrake for 50 or so feet and then a 2nd gear slam shift that also left another 50 foot or so of rubber. just to name a few things about the video, its a MUST WATCH!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.