Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'69 GT- Guards Red
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for shop that specializes in Opel head work. Looking for porting, polishing and big valves for a bored and stroked 1.9L.

Thanks

·
'69 GT- Guards Red
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The phone number is "not in service". Anyone else out there that has experience in this work?

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Paeco

Paeco, out of Birmington Alabama, used to work on Opels some, and still have the tooling to do it. Expect to spend @$750 for ported, polished, milling, oversized valves and springs, andthe whole works assembled.

They also sell a stage 2 engine they claim is good for 152Hp for $4700. ($3900 if you assemble it yourself.)

Their # is 205-823-7278, or you can email at [email protected]. I have experienced their work on a fes old Datsuns and MG's and been impressed, but I've never been able to afford their work myself. Their catalog also lists a 6 or 9# aluminum flywheel for $470 plus $129 for the ring gear and their header for $210, for a rough cost comparison.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
I was on the phone with Roger last week discussing the mods he did to my "New" Opel Senator. The phone number (Tel: (XXX)-860-6550) is correct but the area code has changed. I'll post the correct one when I get home.

Edit: Roger's number is 562-860-6550

·
648 Posts
How 'bout a plug for TGSI Racing

TGSI Racing still does Opel heads....
http://www.tgsi.com/new.html

Just got mine a few weeks back. Looks great, but I don't have the new engine in the car yet to give the "seat of the pants" results.
I'll keep everone informed.
James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts