Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here up north we have these things called microbursts that are like mini hurricanes the usually last for 2 minutes or less and we had one about 45 minutes ago and out farm is in shambles especially the shop. here is out biggest barn.

Attachments

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the opel in the shop, it must be good luck because it didnt get hit with anything and there were pieces of plywood all over the place i was working on it at the time the microburst looked like a big foggy cloud rolling down the hill and then hit the shop like a freight train and (sounded like one too.)

Attachments

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
most of the stuff on the floor of the shop came off of the top of my dads office (where i took the picture)

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
Man that looks like my regular garage space on a good day! You just need to slop some oil and brake fluid around.... I wish I was kidding.

In your case I am sorry for your loss I had a fire burn my business once and I know what a drag disasters can be. Hopefully you have some insurence (I didn't) and everything will be put back in order without to much cost to you. Glad the Opel came through ok.

Good luck!
Calvin

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it was over but as soon as i made the last post i heard on the radio that another one was coming and it had 80+ mph winds (the first one was 55-60 mph winds) so i parked the forklift between the opel and the (2) 300lb uninstalled doors leaning up on end (the forklift is built like a sherman tank if the doors did fall they wouldnt hurt the forklift, but i cant say the same about the opel) we lost more of the roof off the barn and some shingles off the house and we had 6 trees completely blocking the road so my dad and i were out with chainsaws while it was still pouring rain we cut up the last tree right when a parade of fire trucks and ambulances went up the road because of a guy who called because there was a stick in his drive way. calvin, actually this shop we have now is replacing the shop we had before that was toasted in a fire it was pretty cool to watch acetelene tanks, propane, oxygen, c02, 25 gallons of hepthane and xylene <ya knew when those went:D. a word of the wise, be properly insured, my dad wasnt we only had $10,000 he lost 2 motorcycles (bsa, bmw) his tr7 that he was restoring and a restored oliver 1650 tractor (those alone were well over $10,000 plus all of our tools and odds and ends that we had to eat the cost) ill post some pics of the fire later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts