Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i get to keep my opel, but my wife gave me condidtions, do the dash now. so I am guessing the holiday spirit, and me really not putting to much effort into selling it paid off. so my dash needs to come out, now i looked on some past posts, and it says to either take the windshield out or a hella long screwdriver, how do i know where the screws are? I don't have a book, and i have all day today to pull the dash out, so what do i do? How do i do it, and now the second thing, i am pulling all the old carpet out, but my drivers seat has a stripped bolt. there really is nothing i can do unless i grind it off i guess, but how would i fasten a seat down without that bolt and stuff. next. I need a new drivers door glass, and a radiatior. where the hell do i get that stuff.. thanks for the help..

kyle

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
the dash screws (the majority of them) are around the area where the dash meets the windshield (I think there are 8) but first you will have to drop the steering column (4 bolts) and there are a few screws that hold the guage panel on that have to come out. for the radiator and door glass check out http://www.opeljunkyard.com/

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
You didn't say how bad the dash is. Would some type of cover or cap be possible? The reason I say this is that there are things you can do for the dash that don't require it to be removed. I had mine done with a vinyl cap by a company called Dr. Vinyl. It cost 100 bucks and looks great. For something like that it doesn't matter if it is in or out. I wish I would have done it in the car, I stressed it putting it back in and it had to be fixed. The dash I used wasn't cracked, it had openings large enough to loose car parts in. I don't mean the glove box either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the foam core stuff on the top is tosted. I want to pull it out and fiberglass it, and make it a one piece with the center console. Another question is people said flexable screwdriver, do they mean like a carburetor adjusting tool, or what?? i have one of those but just curious if it will work or not..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got my dash out. it only took about 10 minutes alot of cussing and a stripped screw, but i got it out... :D the carb adjuster didn't work, but a normal screwdriver did..thanks for the help. now i have a good start on this interior project.. thanks a mill..

·
self admitted opel addict
227 Posts
How are the vinyl stitched dash pads working from OGTS?? I have one crack above the steering wheel. Do these make the dash look pretty good? Is the vinyl a jet black or lighter? What are other options? My interior is red but I am going black.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts