Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have every electrical component working except there are no night time illumination lights for my dash working. Everything else works and all fuses are testing good. Where should I start to troubleshoot this? Help please. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,108 Posts
I was getting ready to say to check your fuse panel. It may be a bad ground somewhere. I went through all my ground connections last year and cleaned every one of them. I took the screw and wire off and just used a fine grit sandpaper and simply cleaned them. Amazing how things seem to work better.

·
Opeler
2,909 Posts
Check Dash Lamp Rheosat (dimmer) to ensure dash lights are not OFF.
There sould be 12 volt power from Rheostat (Term 58B) to 18 GA bus bar located near speedometer.
After bus bar, diagram indicates 20 GA gray wiring to dash illumination circuits (bulbs).

Check 12 GA Gray / Green wire to Dash Lamp Rheostat, Term 58A, for 12 volt power.
Ensure Yellow Plug is firmly connected / pushed into the fuse box.
Check end fuse at fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lindsey: I had the same problem, and did what you suggested, and guess what, I have dash lights now. Simple fix, but not so simple if you don't know what is causing it.

Bob

·
Opeler
2,909 Posts
Lindsay: I had the same problem, and did what you suggested, and guess what, I have dash lights now. Simple fix, but not so simple if you don't know what is causing it.

Bob
Here is your previous discusion:

·
RunOpel
929 Posts
Hey Colorado Kidd did you ever find a solution to your problem? Just curious if it was the dimmer switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts