Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am working on my dash right now and i have found there are atleast three diffrent types of dash light bulbs, i wus wondering if anyone has found higher wattage bulbs or no's a way to make the stock ones brighter, any help would be appreciated i am looking but any leads would help.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Before you try a higher wattage bulb, get a q-tip and clean out the plastic/glass light guides. This will get all the oil/dirt film off. When you go to higher bulbs, you have to start adding up the numbers and make sure you don't go over the wire and fuse rating. Don't want no dash fires!

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont mind the tach and speedo bein dim i jus like to no what my oil and amp and gas gauge are reading..

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I don't recall my lights being dim on my GT. In the winter I had to drive to work in the dark and the same going home at night. I did have the instrument panel out once and cleaned all the bulbs plus replace the ones that were burned out. But I don't remember how many that was, other then the ones above the plastic that lit up the heater panel. The recommended bulbs in my owner's manual are #1003. HTH.

Ron

·
Opeler
94 Posts
70% More!

yes you do need nore light as you age in case you already didn't know that. My research for one of the courses that I teach reveals that to by the time you reach age 70 to see like you did when you were 20 (for me that was double vision:D ) you need 70% more light! i just about died when I read that.

The lack of illumination is a huge problem for older drivers.
Soooooooooooo, you might want to consider brightening up those dash lights if you plan to be driving for awhile.

Just me $.02 worth.

Hope Santa got my wish list. Have recently spotted not one, not two, Three!! count em three Opels (2 Mantas 1 orange one and 1 gold and black Lexus, and 1 blue wagon) that look like they need new homes.

I now realize that I should have asked St. Nick for some more real estate to park these as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts