Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opeler
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete Opel GT dashpad, condition isn't important as I'm looking to use this as a template to create a custom dash from. I'm located in Indiana, FYI.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if this will work you can have it just pay the shipping from Maryland to you. if you want to make a donation to my restoration that's fine as well but happy to help with yours either way. just send me a message with the address.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
interesting it seems the dashes crack at the same spots
every dash I've seen has the same cracks in the same spot

·
RunOpel
811 Posts
Eric what happened to mgwinner's dash pad? Last summer I stripped a 1970 GT for parts. Wish I would have kept the dash pad which was pretty bad, I would have given it to you.

I agree Terry, almost every dash pad that I have come across has cracks. I'm very fortunate that my dash pad doesn't have any cracks. It looks just like it was from factory. I wonder how many Opel GT owners still have the original dash pad with no cracks?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hey Eric you should get in contact with Mr. Leo he is in jersey I spoke to him today very nice gentleman and he has a ton of stuff someone here found his ad on craigslist
He parted out I think he said close to ten cars in the late 90's and now he's letting go of his collection And he does have a dash or 3. HTH

·
Opeler
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with Leo about a few parts, but the dash didn’t come up. He’s expressed concern about shipping a distributor, I’m not sure how he’ll feel about a dash...but I guess I will find out.

·
Registered
885 Posts
just tell him your not concerned of damage in shipping
If your still just needing as a model for what your building
His concern seemed more about the product/part getting to people as he sent it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts