Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Myself, Yvonne and a few friends of mine decided to get our cars out and ride up to the mountains of North Carolina today. Took old mountains roads and ended up at the oldest operating General Store in the United States, Mast General Store in Valli Crusis, NC. Still has a operating Post Office! Perfect weather, finally.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Myself, Yvonne and a few friends of mine decided to get our cars out and ride up to the mountains of North Carolina today. Took old mountains roads and ended up at the oldest operating General Store in the United States, Mast General Store in Valli Crusis, NC. Still has a operating Post Office! Perfect weather, finally.
View attachment 436210 View attachment 436211 View attachment 436212 View attachment 436214
Those are great shots ; Red & Yellow & Red & Yellow ! !
I haven't been down that road but I'm sure it had some twistys ! .. I have been on many similar rural roads in SW Virginia .

And a rural Country General Store is always a treat. The Walmarts of their day, where you could find almost anything you needed.

Here is another old General Store, also with an Opel connection , but this one was many years ago.

In 1958 I worked in a small body shop 4 or 5 buildings from the old Brick Store and shopped there often.
While at that body shop I repaired a new Opel and a new Vauxhal damaged by a local GM ( Pontiac ? ) dealer.
Likely the first Opel I ever touched .. There had been an Indian Motorcycle dealer in town. I had a 1942 HD 45 ci..
....These pics are from September 2017, Brick Store , Bath NH. The village looks much the same.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts