Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,827 Posts
Those that have been to my house have seen my wife's green 74 Sportwagon. I towed it back from Tampa, FL a few years back. It's been buried in the garage awaiting me to finish it and get it back on the road. Well I got it "presentable" enough for her to enter it in the "Orphan Car Show" in Snellville earlier this month. Well, it is tagged and insured, but, still needs finishing out, but, it is driveable. Well, tonight we decided to go grocery shopping early instead of this weekend. On a whim, I said let's go in your Wagon. Well a look of skeptisism and shugged shoulders and we pile the kids in and go. The store is a 6 mile round trip, no big deal, just a liesurely jaunt. Well, after we're finished shopping and going back to the car, I notice a couple (around early 50's) looking at the car from across the parking aisle. As we approach the car, the wife asks, "is that really and Opel?". "Yes" I reply, the husband asks "what year is it?", "74" I reply. The wife says "I took my driving test in an Opel Wagon, I always like the little car, it's nice to see one on the road". I explain I have had several and still own several. Well, we get back in the car and I look over at my wife and say "your first comment! Do you think you'd gotten something like that in your Blazer?" "No", she replied. The ride home, she had a smile on her face like I had just given her a 10 carat diamond ring!! :D :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
:D I've grinned that grin! Whenever Dan rides anywhere with me he will eventually look over, see me grinning, and start laughing.
That's what driving these cars is all about. Fun, fun, fun ..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.