Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen a gt with diablo/lambo/verticle/whatever you want to call them doors? or is this not possible? it's a wild idea of mine, i searched on this site but couldn't find any info.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i seen a aftermarket hinge setup on a ford mustange, where you had to open the doors just a little bit, so the door frame would clear the door jamb, and then it lifted like the lamborghini doors do. maybe a similar hinge system can be utilized.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Just a little tidbit of info for you all, the Yellow GT's doors are called Gull Wing and the Lamborghini doors are called Carabba doors. They are named after the carabba beetle that folds it's wings in the same manner.

I have seen many different cars with this type of hindge, mostly rice burners, but I saw an H2 with them as well. So, Its possible to have them "Made" id assume. Mostly they are manufactured for more of todays cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i've seen the gull wings on a gt but never the verticle ones.. i'll look into it more, tho im sure it will cost more money than it would be worth to have them made.

·
Opeler
1 Posts
lambo style doors

Hello,

an other company for this kind of doors is

www.lambostyledoors.de
www.lsd-doors.com

On the page you can see some good pictures and some videos, which show the way of opening the doors. For the GT I think it's too difficult to mount this kind of opening device.

For the gullwing doors - Lumma did not produce this any more. He sold his GT stuff to Cyi Priewe

Priewe Gullwing doors
(The Homepage is in the moment under construction)

Kind regards from switzerland
Andreas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts