Opel GT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calling Opels Unlimited lately and have been getting someones answering machine it seems. Can anyone tell me if they went out of business? Anyone know how to get in touch with Todd? :confused:

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
No, Opel Unlimited is still there pissing people off by displaying their usual business practice of being very slow on returning phone messages and having someone there during the working hours to answer their phone and emails. Tammie will sometimes call back. Good luck...... :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was terribly confused because the number stated in the message is not the OU number you dialed. As a matter of fact, the the message says nothing of being Opels Unlimited. Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying...

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Ogts

If they won't return your telephone calls, just give Opel GT Source a call. Those guys are very nice and will help you any way they can. Very good people to deal with.

·
333 Posts
I like doing business with OGTS. They are there, ship when they say, and you get what you order. If it was not for them I would still be driving a Lancia....you should try to get parts for that :eek:

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
I have found it easiest to reach them about 10PM thier time... and NEVER before 2 in the afternoon.

Charles

·
239 Posts
Opels Unreachable

I've never bought anything from them, took 6 weeks to get an email reply.
By then I got what I needed off eBay, yes Ebay is a pain in the butt; but I got it quicker than dealing with them!!!

Makes me wonder does Todd have any customers with running cars, or are they all sitting in the garage waiting for parts??? Has anyone here bought anything from them? And just how long did the transaction take, from the time you finally got a hold of them until it arrived at your door :confused:
Regards,
Rick

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Gee, a war almost flared up again in a similar thread but was it wisely closed before I could get a missile launched...
I needed a tie rod end for Speedway GT last week, like in a hurry, and Gil had a brand new one on my front porch two days later, for $35.
Why, oh, why, would anybody want to do business with anyone but OGTS after yet another experience like this? They are awesome. What more could you want, unless you're looking for trouble? Just a look at their brochure tells you they are real, and real experienced. With each box of parts comes the latest updates as to what's newly available. With engine parts come custom instructions, sometimes hand written and illustrated. They make more sense than the FSM versions I've seen.
Maybe their "competitor" could throw in some decomposing chicken parts for you, but who needs that?
Quick, baz, close this one before the sleeves roll up! :D

·
195 Posts
I ordered a rear end from Opels unlimited about six weeks ago. After the first week went by they did tell me that Todd hasn't found a good one but should have one soon. Haven't been able to get in touch with them since and they won't return a phone call. For all those reading...please do yourself a favor and stay away from them unless you are at their yard and picking up the part yourself in person. As for the other thread I started and from what has been stated in this thread... Baz you closed the thread down? It is imperative that the "Opel Community" is aware of people like Todd and the good people that run this website should use their influence to turn the tables on him!!!

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
lewdawg yes i closed it down , it was starting to go the same as all threads about that company , it splits into 2 factions some who feel a need to tell the world over and over that no one should be ordering from a company that operates like that,and the other that thinks he does good work and are almost happy to wait till todd has got the bit they want
last year it was close to flames as people got more and more worked up ,so to avoid that i killed the thread when it was balanced with pros and cons as i will with this one
we know he can take his time to do things and that customer service is about as bad as you can get (i myself would not give him my custom for that reason )
but i dont want it dragged up time and time again to split the site into factions
todd will in the fullness of time get the bit ordered by folks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.