Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a 7 year tradition I started.......uhhh.......7 years ago, I drove my Opel to vote. This year I brought the whole shebang: GTX, Trailer, and Mini GT, plus Snoopy. I went in the evening so I could have them all lit up. I hung out in the parking lot for a while and made some people smile. I told curious onlookers that since we were voting for cartoon characters this year, I brought Snoopy to see the show. Ha! Good time!

I didn't vote for either ding dong.

I wrote in.....

wait for it......

wait a bit more........

Yup, I wrote in "Snoopy".

:veryhappy

·
Opeler
465 Posts
We had a slight rainy day so my 70 GT stayed home and I drove my 08 Sky instead. Drove my 70 GT on Monday though! Does that count?

·
1,183 Posts
Put my orange GT in storage on Sunday.

My Yellow GT is in my heated garage and probably won't be back out this year. Got 4" of snow a couple of weeks ago. NY highway guys got out and practiced spreading salt.

·
1000 Post Club
4,109 Posts
Drove the Saab with the Opel engine, Does that count!! I wore this to the polling place. The judge got a good laugh out of it!!

Attachments

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Opelitis afflicted
530 Posts
I tried but then realised there is about 3000 miles of water in the way and Opel GTs don't float. Its probably just as well. If I did reach the polling station I would have found out I had no right to vote. Apparently illegal immigrants can't vote. It don't figure!

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
I tried but then realised there is about 3000 miles of water in the way and Opel GTs don't float. Its probably just as well. If I did reach the polling station I would have found out I had no right to vote. Apparently illegal immigrants can't vote. It don't figure!
But you could emigrate here legally and you would then have just as much right to vote as anyone else who is here legally. And your GT would fit in swell over here too. :yup:

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked up the election results for write-in votes in my county where about 100,000 total votes of all types were made. Woo-hoo, I found my Snoopy vote!

I think I was in the minority.

I did a quick scan of the 173 pages with 50 votes per page and I'm pretty sure my Snoop vote was the only one. Mickey Mouse, Bernie Sanders, Marco Rubio, and Jesus got a lot of write-in votes. Too many fun and conversation inducing names to list!

Next election I'm voting for my car!

GTX for President!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts